Sonic Electronix

Subs cut off at high volume

Sounds like u need a good amp. Something internal isn't happy u have any other amps laying around u could plug in

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Guess no bass for another week :( I'll buy another amp on Thursday. Hopefully it's something else and I figure out what it is. I just bought this amp so I would have a little bass till I could get a good one.

Even if you had it wired at .5 ohms once you start to play music you could have box/ohm rise. This could cause the ohm load to rapidly rise or drop. If this was the case then may have damaged the amp.check the impedance while playing music and see if the ohm load remains stable.

Ok I'll keep my multimeter with me and when it cuts back on I'll check it. Hell it was barely beating tho I didn't even turn it up yet. Should of just bought a decent amp used instead of a new cheap amp. I've read of people running these amps at .5 ohm too. I know the manufacturer says not to, but hell almost all the other companies do too but they still work

the inline fuse would only pop if the wire exceeded the current load... this fuse is not there to protect the amp its to mainly keep the car from catching fire...if you fuse loww then it will protect the amp.... if the voltage from the power run reads 12+ and has a good ground then jump the remote wire from the + run this way the amp will stay on 100% ruling out a bad remote wire... just because someone had success at running an amp below manufacture recommended load does not mean all amps are created equal... no 2 amps are 100% matching, electrical components will always have differences..... impedance rise is always a factor but at some point it always returns to the lowest ohm load.... does not matter how much input signal is there and gain settings its getting beat on when you run lower ohm loads... also more stress on the electrical so the amp more than likely has something bad inside that is not connected to the protection circuit... you are now the owner of a brand new $200 paper weight.... unless you are building a burp system you should never wire an amp that low on a daily system, I dont care what quality the amp is you run the risk of killing it

I would love to know these other brands that can handle .5 just fine in a daily system that are only 1 ohm stable..... even so there are multiple other upgrades needed to supply the current that .5 bleeds out and the lost efficiency on top of that

How could I check and see if the amp is screwed up? Is there a way? I've got a inline fuse I figured it would pop before the amp screwed up

open it up and smell it and look it over for bad things

You are lucky it hasn't burned your car down yet. There is possibly a bad or intermittent connection in the amp and if on the power supply side it could be dangerous. If I had an amp doing this I would surely not keep tempting fate.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived