Sonic Electronix

Subs cut off at high volume

Yeah I dunno everytime I turn it up high it cuts off. I guess I could go ahead and get rid of this 2g CCA wire and run my 1/0 ofc sky-high wire and see if that fixes it and maybe move my ground which i really really don't think it's that but I just don't know what else to do.

How did you adjust the gain? Maybe you are overdriving it to the point it is shutting off?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Nah def not I've got it 1/8th of the way up. I really think this amp was already fucked up. I'm sending it back shit sucks! I just wanna bang! Damnit I just can't afford a 1200 dollar amp right now. I work in the oilfield and were super slow....

Yeah I dunno everytime I turn it up high it cuts off. I guess I could go ahead and get rid of this 2g CCA wire and run my 1/0 ofc sky-high wire and see if that fixes it and maybe move my ground which i really really don't think it's that but I just don't know what else to do.

To rule out that it's definitely the amp, you might want to get ahold of another amp to test, if it cuts out then its your wiring but if not then it's the amp....

the amount that the gain is turned has nothing to do with power unless you know what the line voltage is... my gain is set properly and its only 1/8th turn.... 6v preouts on an amp that is over sized for my sub.... very easy to achieve 1200rms @ 1ohm with an amp that dyno'ed at 1700rms @ 1ohm

with you having it at .5 who knows what 1/8th turn really means...

Here is a suggestion...since you said you jumped the remote and it came back on and now it's working but it's not again.....run a whole new remote wire from the HU to the amp directly without routing it under the carpet or however your other remote is ran....see if the problem goes away...process of elimination sucks but it helps narrow it down to the root of all checks good....

I've been doing process of elimination and when I first installed the amp it wouldn't come on and I ran a new remote wire ontop if the carpet straight back there then it worked. So I've already done that. I've already contacted sonic electronix I'm gonna send the amp back in. Thanks for the help tho guys.

Archived