AGM vs a normal marine type deep cycle

I seen menards had some group 31 marine deep cycles for sale, 105 amp hours. 81 bucks a piece

they can also order me agm group 31s with i believe 100 amp hours but those are 200 bucks. I have looked around and around 200 is about the bottom for a group 31 agm

I think I will need about 4-500 amp hours from the batteries

how huge is the difference between these types of batteries? from what I know the agm has faster discharge and recharge rate. and can be mounted in any position. I am just looking to mount them in a normal upright position. I understand agm is better battery but for a daily basshead like myself and somone who also would occasionally compete in bassrace is the extra price worth it?

I am not chasing burp numbers but I do have a number for bassrace class in mind

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Conventional marine deep cycle batteries are not sealed and will require a battery box to be vented outside the vehicle. The normal operation is to out gas while charging. This is one of the reasons why AGM are so attractive for mounting inside the vehicle.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

for the tech side an AGM battery is still considered a lead acid wet cell battery the added price comes from the things shade mentioned plus its less prone to freezing and bulge... AGM should never be combined with a conventional wet cell so if you are going to go this route its best to also replace your starting battery... there is no such thing as a perfect all around battery you either get a kick ass starting battery or a deepcycle that takes a beating and keeps charging back up... i used to use autozone deep cycle marine batterys back in the 90's when I was also running a 2000/4000 power inverter in my trucks bed with engine off..... but with any battery when you buy cheap dont expect it to last 3+ years in any situation.... walmart sells N-everstart bci65's for less than $70 but I wouldnt trust it if you rely on starting your engine in a very secluded location in nomans land..... depending on how much money you will be spending "multiple batterys add up quick" you might be better off with a good XS power battery.... D6500, 3100 or 2700

i know exactly the battery u talking about everybodyknowme, menards has those its like exide xmc31 or mc31, how much can you get em for? they wanted to charge me 220 for the xmc and 200 for the mc.

my car only calls for like 570 cranking amps do I don't need a lot of cranking amps. I will prolly end up going with the agm's that sams club has, their 180 with membership 10% more without

I would like to get a xs power or northstar but that's just to much money.

Kenwood excelon ddx795

McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

The other thing to think about here since you are looking for 4-500 amp hours is a lithium battery. They are expensive yes but what you will spend on 4-5 agm almost covers the price of what you are needing on a lithium and they arent as taxing on your charging system to get them to recharge them. Just like an amg though, you do not mix them with a conventional lead acid battery, but they can be mixed with a higher quality agm.

Not sure what vehicle you are dealing with with the multiple battery scenario, but you also have to look at the weight difference with lithium compared to the equivilent power in a conventional or agm.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

whats the price on lithium? anyone know ?

another option is ultracaps but do they have any reserve or are they better for burping?

Kenwood excelon ddx795

NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

2007 Yukon xl

Lithium battery are expensive but worth it. The small XS lithium has the power of like 4 group 31's in only 1 battery. Saves space, weight, time, and accessories but cost like 1500. If you do the math it's averages out.

For the record I get those exide d31's for $90 each. So 2 of them for half the price of a XS is something I'm willing to try.

FYI - exide and Northstar are now the same company.

Archived