Second Skin Audio

Best/Hard Hitting 12" Subs?

Trying to get some recommendations on 12" subwoofers for my 2015 Mustang GT.

I had some Alpine Type R's, but I sold everything I had (Even the wiring).

I want to get a new set up, But I want it to hit hard. I can only put 2 12's though, So any recommendations?

Also, I might be able to put 15's, It's just the trunk space isn't all that lol.

Thanks!

2015 Ford Mustang GT Ruby Red 5.0 (Lund 91 Race Tune, JLT CAI, Kooks 1-7/8 Catless Long Tubes, Corsa Sport (Resonator Delete X-Pipe), Hotchkis Front/Rear Sway Bars)

Budget?

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

Budget?

$300-500 per sub.

Find a good box builder and buy high quality amps and wiring.

Most subs from reputable brands will perform well with a great install.

I've actually wanted them to mold it in my trunk instead of getting a box, Might be able to save a bit of room so I can still use a PART of my trunk at least lol. With the 2 boxes I had, There was almost no room in there.

2015 Ford Mustang GT Ruby Red 5.0 (Lund 91 Race Tune, JLT CAI, Kooks 1-7/8 Catless Long Tubes, Corsa Sport (Resonator Delete X-Pipe), Hotchkis Front/Rear Sway Bars)

Better off taking it to an audio shop, doesnt seem like you have much of a game plan.

I don't.

The reason why I don't want to go that route is because I've had around 5 different set ups and it's always based on their recommendations, I want something with a good amount of bass and they recommend something, I buy it and it's crap.

That's why I'm asking for help on here instead... Because I know the info I receive here is to help another member and not just screw someone over because there's more profit left over than any of the other products... You get me?

(2) SA-12's or (2) HDS-300 12" on a SQ2200 watt amp, upgrade your starting battery to a quailty AGM. It takes space to make bass, along with power. Can ur '15 mustang handle 2200 watts RMS on stock electrical ? There is so much electrial advancements on that car that are sensitive to voltage drop (you will have voltage drop on stock electrical) i dont know if you have any fiberglass or wood working skills to mold said box you wanna do.

Not being a dick just being real with you. I hope you get the answers you need but plan on spending a $1500-$2000 so on wiring, subs, amp, better battery (maybe second battery) not to mention any by pass modual you may need to bypass any factory intergrated electrical systems.

Sundown SA-12's are WELL known to poemt out some power, soundqubed HDS300 12" are great subs too. Either the HDS or SA can be bought for around $200 each. They both sell drop on recone's for under $100 if they fail. The SA's rated for 600 watts RMS (alot of people throw 1000 RMS on them after they are broken in) the HDS 12" is rated for 1200 watts RMS.

the soundqubed 2200 watt amp is a great purchase IMO for EITHER of those subs mentioned, it sells for a lil over $450.

Plan on doing the big three and power and ground with 1/0 OFC wire (you can use welding cable or car audio cable) figure in $100 or so for that

AGM battery upgrade $150-220 (roughly) you will most likely need two batteries to keep ur voltage from dropping to low on a stock ALT.(unless you get a 180 or higher amp ALT)

(2) SA-12's or (2) HDS-300 12" on a SQ2200 watt amp, upgrade your starting battery to a quailty AGM. It takes space to make bass, along with power. Can ur '15 mustang handle 2200 watts RMS on stock electrical ? There is so much electrial advancements on that car that are sensitive to voltage drop (you will have voltage drop on stock electrical) i dont know if you have any fiberglass or wood working skills to mold said box you wanna do.

Not being a dick just being real with you. I hope you get the answers you need but plan on spending a $1500-$2000 so on wiring, subs, amp, better battery (maybe second battery) not to mention any by pass modual you may need to bypass any factory intergrated electrical systems.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Also, I never said I was going to make it, I just needed the suggestions on the Subwoofer (and Amp) to buy, But It's going to be a shop install and I am going to have "Them" do it. I know where I'm gonna go to get it done, I just don't want to ask them for their suggestions for the reason stated in my previous reply.

Archived