Sonic Electronix

Holy sh*t did the actual Steve Meade reply to my post? I am honored. I was looking into getting one of your DD-1 devices because I love car audio and I don't want to be in the noob category anymore.

Will you listen now that it came from him? We've been telling you the same thing.

Buy one if you can afford it, if not there is a tool map on here where you can find someone near you with one. Most guys I know will DD-1 your amps for you for nothing, some might want a beer, or some cash, but you get the idea. If you get a DD-1 read the damn instructions, and follow them before posting questions about why it doesnt work etc. Keep truckin man.

just remember that a dd1 can only tell you the highest undistorted volume.... if you have too much power on tap then you still have to turn it down and once again you are guessing....in my opinion and maybe not worth much here the best SMD tool is the AMM-1 although it costs way more than a dd1 it does more than 1 thing.... im still saving up to buy mine..... $400 is still quite a ways out of my reach

Yeah DD-1 stands for distortion detector not dummy detector. Don't hook up a 5k amp to a sub rated for 600 watts and wonder why it blew since there was no distortion lol.

I used to set my gain by ear get a 40hz -5db tone with the headunit on your highest usable volume and slowly turn the gain up till you hear the pitch change when it clips and back it off. it won't be accurate but way better than just guessing

people use a 40hz because I hear that is the most impact frequency to the human ear... and a DMM will give askew-ed reading hence why people try not to do this.... on my avh4800 my amp "BE1700.1D" gets way beyond the voltage ac from my amp with the gains all the way down with less than 1/2 volume for a target of 1200rms so i cant even begin to use this method... with a 900rms sub and a dyno proven 1700rms amp and 4v preouts it tops out very quickly.... the only way I can ever see setting my system is with a AMM-1

I have the same amp as you just the newer version. BEX1750.1D so I might be in the same boat as you. I have a SQ HDS312 DVC 4 ohm wired to a 2 ohm load so it matches perfectly. I'm getting a HO alternator very soon so I can put the full power to the amp and sub. I am trying my best to take it easy on the amp and sub. I have everything to flat and zero. No loudness or anything like that. I think it sounds best like that anyway. Setting the gain correctly is the last thing I gotta do and it may be the death of me.

I used to set my gain by ear get a 40hz -5db tone with the headunit on your highest usable volume and slowly turn the gain up till you hear the pitch change when it clips and back it off. it won't be accurate but way better than just guessing

And how exactly do you find the max clean volume of the headunit?

I set mine by ear every time I listen to it by using the volume knob. lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived