Ron36 Posted April 10, 2016 Report Posted April 10, 2016 I'm running 3 DD slim line 10's at .6 on an American bass VFL 120.1, I'm guessing around 2600 to 3000 RMS . Sounds good but shallow mounts are shallow mounts . I'm wondering if I run 2 sundown x8's at .5 ohms with same amp would I notice a difference in sound ,I see the X8's doing 140's online . Don't want to waste money for same sound. 2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4 LC2 for audio control , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery
Triticum Agricolam Posted April 10, 2016 Report Posted April 10, 2016 I'd be hesitant to put that much power to a pair of X8s. I talked to Sundown about them a while ago and they said anything over 1,000 watts is definitely living on the edge. I don't think they would get louder anyway. Going from three 10's to two 8's is a BIG reduction in cone area. Maybe you could go to four E-8s or SA-8s instead of two X-8s. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Ron36 Posted April 10, 2016 Author Report Posted April 10, 2016 I was looking at 3 sa-8's , that's all I could fit can't go any bigger then 2 cubic ft, also CT sounds meso 8 look awesome ,never heard more then 1 8 at a time , Just afraid to start over and not hear a difference ,I don't think these shallows can get real low but also don't know if 8 can ether. Thanks for your honesty. 2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4 LC2 for audio control , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery
Triticum Agricolam Posted April 10, 2016 Report Posted April 10, 2016 Are you current subs in a ported box or sealed? Are you looking to go to a ported box? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Ron36 Posted April 10, 2016 Author Report Posted April 10, 2016 There ported it's loud I'm just like everyone else here love to go louder , There underneath the rear seat in my f150 crew cab . I just have no room and that's my problem ,these are the loudest shallow mounts I've heard but they don't have a lot of excursion because of that , I was just thinking if there was a way to go louder I can't tear my truck apart need it for truck stuff wish I had an SUV then could go nuts. So far I've ran mtx and Rockford shallows and the DD's blow all them away hands down . I love seeing the excursion on the X8 and meso 8's , thought I might have a chance to go louder. 2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4 LC2 for audio control , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery
Ron36 Posted April 10, 2016 Author Report Posted April 10, 2016 I just know running 3k to 1 18 would be way louder and I got the power just no subs to push it and no room. 2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4 LC2 for audio control , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery
Triticum Agricolam Posted April 10, 2016 Report Posted April 10, 2016 Yeah I hear ya. Space is always the problem. My suggestion would be to save your money and stick with what you have. With ported boxes your max output is mostly determined by input power and box size. Cone area is a factor, but not as much as you might think, assuming box volume stays the same. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Ron36 Posted April 10, 2016 Author Report Posted April 10, 2016 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/203308-fianally-learned-how-to-post-good-picturesf150-super-crew/ This is my truck but now I have 3 tens and I raised the rear seat 2inches. 2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4 LC2 for audio control , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery
Ron36 Posted April 10, 2016 Author Report Posted April 10, 2016 I see your a box guy I can only build squares and rectangles but do u think if the subs were facing down it might be louder. 2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4 LC2 for audio control , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted April 10, 2016 Report Posted April 10, 2016 Even thought you're wired at .6 I seriously doubt you are getting anywhere near 3k out of that amp. Have you considered maybe switching to the alpine type r shallow 12's? They are the king of excursion as far as shallow mount subs go and sound pretty good. Rated at about the same power level and three would work in 2 cubes seeing as how they recommend .4-.75 cubes sealed. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.