Jump to content

Where to place tweeters


Johny B

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey everyone, haven't been on here for a while. I recently bought a 06 Chrysler 300 which have 6x9 speakers in the doors and 3.5 on top of the dash. I have some hertz 5.25 components with adapters (wish I had 6.5s). My question to get the best sound, should I put the tweeter next to the mid on the door or should I place the tweeter in the dash where the 3.5 went or should I place the tweet in the a pillar?? Thanks everyone.

06 Chrysler 300

Pioneer avh-x8500bhs

Hertz Hsk 130.4

Alpine mrp-F600

2 Dc level 4 12s

Dc 2k

Viper 5901

SHCA wiring

KnuKonceptz RCA's

SecondSkin/Fatmat

Big 3-stock alt

Posted

Play around with it and see what sounds best to you.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

I'd start with the factory locations and tune from there.

It would keep the factory look.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

I always had my tweeters high on the doors.

But in my last car, factory location is on the dash, firing through the windshield : the tweeters came alive. I love them now. I was thinking of upgrading, NO MORE ! I'll keep them until they blow !

Try some locations if you can. Use double side tape for temporary mounts. Find your best spot.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers :  Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1090 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...