Second Skin Audio

Where to put port ?

Ron36

Building a box 2.4cubes my ? Is do I put the port facing forward with the subs or on the side of the box , it's a round port do to space issues 4inch by 10.5 . Would it make a difference in sound where it goes.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

What vehicle? Some are louder depending on firing direction

The direction the port firing can make a difference, because if it's firing directly into a wall that's only a couple inches away, you're going to choke the port and might as well have a sealed enclosure.

Going under a seat in a f150 sounds like firing forward might be the only way

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Extended cab? I believe the recommendation for underseat truck enclosures is port firing to drivers side. But again, that's dependent on space available, so you don't choke the port. If you don't have at least the width of the port (4inches in your case) in between the port and door, then just fire it forward.

I dont no how to calculate more ports box design said for 33hz 4inch port 10.8 inches long what would the specs be for 2 ports appreciate the help

Truck is supercrew

Will a slot port have no noise

Port noise can come from any type of port that doesn't have enough area to keep velocity down to an acceptable level. I don't know what velocity port noise becomes audible, maybe someone does. The highest I've seen anyone recommend is 30m/s. I'd say you'd need at least a 6" areo, but that probably wouldn't be enough to put you below 30m/s. And keep in mind that as port area increases, port length increases as well in order to maintain the same tuning.

My box is 55w11.5d and tappers from 10.75 to 8 at rear not alot of room for a long port when its facing forward

Archived