So this amp has a Operating range of 100DCV - 400DCV. Using simple math, the more voltage you have, the less amperage you'll draw for the same amount of power. The battery bank becomes the amplifiers "power supply" and is in short, only the output section of a typical 12v amplifier design. There are several chargers for this system, some are stand alone, and others are play and charge. And that's really it.

This is what I figured, but wasn't sure. Interesting. Must still be some switching going on somewhere to make both output section rails?

So this amp has a Operating range of 100DCV - 400DCV. Using simple math, the more voltage you have, the less amperage you'll draw for the same amount of power. The battery bank becomes the amplifiers "power supply" and is in short, only the output section of a typical 12v amplifier design. There are several chargers for this system, some are stand alone, and others are play and charge. And that's really it.

This is what I figured, but wasn't sure. Interesting. Must still be some switching going on somewhere to make both output section rails?

I'm honestly not sure about that one.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

It's really not too expensive either. It's a lot cheaper than going the same power on 12/14/16/18v.

For example. For 60,000 watts. You need $1,700USD for the amp, 18 general agm/wetcell batteries. We'll just say $2,000USD. And we will say $300 for Safety hardware. That's a total of $4,000 dollars for 60,000 watts rms. Now, go ahead and compare that cost to what it'll cost a 12v system to run that power rms.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

What are you using as far as safety devices go? Closing and opening the circuit with an energized 230V+ Will draw a much bigger arc than a 12v system, we want you safe buddy!

Do you plan to compete? Last I checked Iasca was capped at 18v even in ultimate. Do other orgs allow such a high operation voltage?

Team NorthWestSPL

What are you using as far as safety devices go? Closing and opening the circuit with an energized 230V+ Will draw a much bigger arc than a 12v system, we want you safe buddy!

Do you plan to compete? Last I checked Iasca was capped at 18v even in ultimate. Do other orgs allow such a high operation voltage?

DCHV Circuit breakers. for a system of 18 batts, that includes a total of 5. 3 for the bank, and 2 for the 12v battery. You make all the connections with the breakers open, and then you close them for final installation. Yes, other orgs do allow, such as MECA, which is my main one. I'm not sure outside of the others. I believe Matthews org allows it as well.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

The electric car guys have been doing high voltage for years. You should pull out the gas engine and drop in a forklift motor. lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived