The car guys run them at 140vdc. I would put more breakers in so when isolated, the highest voltage in any bank is 48v or lower. Covers for the terminals are a must.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Couple hundred volts is always fun to work with. You have proper gloves and tools? Running grounds for amps and batteries electrically separate from the rest of the vehicle?

You know I could be wrong but with 3 60ks even at 230 volts you will be pulling around 1000 amps. Can the d3400 handle that?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

brah. it's wired in series. so divide the max amperage of each batt by the number of batts in series. there ya go. I could be wrong but..

edit:

what i mean is, whatever amperage one batt can make is your max amps.

Couple hundred volts is always fun to work with. You have proper gloves and tools? Running grounds for amps and batteries electrically separate from the rest of the vehicle?

My first time haha. No special gloves or tools were used in the installation. But is highly recommended for obvious reasons haha. The ground of the HV and 12v are common.

You know I could be wrong but with 3 60ks even at 230 volts you will be pulling around 1000 amps. Can the d3400 handle that?

They told me to expect 300amp burst rating from each 60k. Which Scottie said 1 d3400 could handle a single 300amp burst and it would bring it down to 10.5v which is fine for competition only.

brah. it's wired in series. so divide the max amperage of each batt by the number of batts in series. there ya go. I could be wrong but..

I'm not following what you're saying lol. I have a 230DCV system with 65ah of total reserve.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

Crazy fool LOL

I hate to be that guy telling you how to do your build... But I'll be that guy. Run a separate ground for the high voltage. Don't let it interact in any way with the 12v system. It won't give you any benefit in performance but it will do wonders for safety. I don't want to see you get electrocuted. Reason behind it is even if you're in the car or making contact with the vehicle's body, your body won't complete a ground circuit if you touch a hot wire or connector because the car's body isn't part of the circuit.

That is all. I want to see you grow old and deaf. Carry on :)

Crazy fool LOL

I hate to be that guy telling you how to do your build... But I'll be that guy. Run a separate ground for the high voltage. Don't let it interact in any way with the 12v system. It won't give you any benefit in performance but it will do wonders for safety. I don't want to see you get electrocuted. Reason behind it is even if you're in the car or making contact with the vehicle's body, your body won't complete a ground circuit if you touch a hot wire or connector because the car's body isn't part of the circuit.

That is all. I want to see you grow old and deaf. Carry on :)

haha thanks man! The reason to ground to the frame of the vehicle, is to eliminate "floating ground". Apparently, if an accident was to happen, a floating ground can be more dangerous.

what are your thoughts on that?

This is still very new to me as well.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

Series banks can benefit from having a charge controller to equalize the voltage in each battery. When charging in series, the battery that gets charged the fastest will prevent the others from reaching full charge. Another way to get around this is to have small banks and isolate them so you can charge them separately. One time I saw a car guy install a cheap Walmart battery charger on each battery in his bank. The EV guys run the high voltage floating and not grounded to the vehicle chassis.
Google electric vehicle or "EV" to learn about high voltage series banks.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived