Big 3 question

I'm telling you. Just in a questioning way. Sorry, it's the way i explain some things. Asking questions makes people think in my experience.

You can do the negative to your block as well if you'd like, for ease of mind if nothing else. it won't cause any harm, as some people do that anyways by increasing the big three to the big four and sometimes the big 5. it's just personal preference. I'm content with three.

Thanks bro you have always helped me out ok so Last question. If I do the big 3 on my stock alt can I still use the 300amp for the future upgrade

300amp fuse? Is that what you mean? Or wire rated for 300A?

If you mean fuse, then yes, you can, as long as it's not rated for more than the wires ampacity for that length of a run. But if you have a smaller fuse available, use it until you get your new alt

300amp fuse? Is that what you mean? Or wire rated for 300A?

If you mean fuse, then yes, you can, as long as it's not rated for more than the wires ampacity for that length of a run. But if you have a smaller fuse available, use it until you get your new alt

Going to be running 1/0gauge wire length of runs less then 7 feet each

And the smaller fuse makes since should I get one closer to the stock alt amp?

if you are talking about fusing the charging lead you would need to do a fuse at both ends and since this wire is a short run and out of the way many opt to not fuse this wire.... if this wire gets pinched it has current running from both ends and 1 fuse in 90% of the time the alt will keep throwing power and you still get crispy car

if you are talking about fusing the charging lead you would need to do a fuse at both ends and since this wire is a short run and out of the way many opt to not fuse this wire.... if this wire gets pinched it has current running from both ends and 1 fuse in 90% of the time the alt will keep throwing power and you still get crispy car

So if the + from alt to + battery terminal is less then 7feet I don't need a fuse and if I use one I need to put one close to the alt and closet to the battery?

The fuse is only to protect the conductor like if it gets pinched in an accident. If your conductor is 7 feet long and runs along a place that can get crashed into and has a power source on each end then each end needs to be fused. If your battery is next to your alt, then the chances of it getting pinched are lower because in the event of a crash, the battery is crunched and having good terminal covers becomes more important. imho

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

The fuse is only to protect the conductor like if it gets pinched in an accident. If your conductor is 7 feet long and runs along a place that can get crashed into and has a power source on each end then each end needs to be fused. If your battery is next to your alt, then the chances of it getting pinched are lower because in the event of a crash, the battery is crunched and having good terminal covers becomes more important. imho

For a nice clean. Run its just about 7 feet from alt to battery and my alt is above the engine towards the front of the car

Ok so in your situation you would need a fuse at the alternator and a fuse at the battery. The fuses should be rated lower than what the alt is capable of putting out. In the event of a short, the fuse will have to blow.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Ok so in your situation you would need a fuse at the alternator and a fuse at the battery. The fuses should be rated lower than what the alt is capable of putting out. In the event of a short, the fuse will have to blow.

Lower? So if my alt is 300amp should I get a 200 then?

And thanks for the help I'm trying to

Learn as much as I can got a new question about batteries. If your down to help lol

Archived