Big 3 question

No, don't fuse lower than your alt. Fusing lower than the alt on the alts CHARGING post won't do shit to protect your alt, because it will still be on and producing current. Fuse for your wire, without fusing higher than what your alt is rated for. For that short of a run, your wire can handle a lot more than 300A, but your alt is only rated for 300A, so you can fuse for 300A. Our fuses are slow-blow, meaning it will actually be higher than 300A to blow it if the alt does start to output more than its rated for, but it will blow long before you reach the ampacity of that <7ft run of 1/0 OFC.

The fuse at the alt is to keep the car from burning down if the cable gets pinched. You want to make sure the fuse will blow and it won't if the alt doesn't have enough output to blow it. A 300A alt doesn't put out 300A when its hot or at idle. The longer it takes the fuse to blow, the longer the short is making fire. If the fuse is too big then the most you could hope for is to blow the rectifier out of it. Talk to the people you are getting the alt from to see what they recommend.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Ok thanks guys else posting my another question later but do have one last one that I was thinking about the fuse that goes from the battery to the amp is there s specific size I need for what I'm planning on running? I think I'm using a 40a fuse

what size wire and how far is the run.... and fuses blow 20% higher than rated.... its pretty common to use 80-100amp fuse when you dont know what to do and if it blows get a bigger one next time... I use 100amp anl's and have no problems

When I upgrade it's going to be 1/0 and not sure exactly. But about 18Feet I would say.

Archived