Retained accessory power.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Is it coming through all speakers or just the one that you sit next to?

Are you using the passive crossovers that came with the speakers?

im just using the stock speakers in my car, 04 tahoe with bose speakers
what harness kit did you use to adapt the aftermarket HU to the stock harness? That's more than likely the culprit, since the HU sends signal to the adapter, then to the Bose amp, then to the speakers. The adapter is supposed to retain door chime, correct? So your open door chime is coming through as that noise.

That's my assumption, unless you tell me you didn't use an adapter harness...

Is it coming through all speakers or just the one that you sit next to?

Are you using the passive crossovers that came with the speakers?

im just using the stock speakers in my car, 04 tahoe with bose speakers
what harness kit did you use to adapt the aftermarket HU to the stock harness? That's more than likely the culprit, since the HU sends signal to the adapter, then to the Bose amp, then to the speakers. The adapter is supposed to retain door chime, correct? So your open door chime is coming through as that noise.

That's my assumption, unless you tell me you didn't use an adapter harness...

i used a PAC rp4-gm11 adapter harness: http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=1129

is my adapter faulty, because it worked perfectly fine a few days ago then it randomly starting making the noise

If you still have the OEM radio, hook it back up and see if it disappears, if the noise stops, hook the adapter back up, and if you have a second aftermarket head unit you can test out, that will then rule it down to whether it's the adapter or your head unit.

If you still have the OEM radio, hook it back up and see if it disappears, if the noise stops, hook the adapter back up, and if you have a second aftermarket head unit you can test out, that will then rule it down to whether it's the adapter or your head unit.

yea i have the stock headunit boxed up. i'll give that a try and see if it does anything.

Cool man.

so i put the OEM headunit back in and there was nothing.

Then i put the JVC back in again and when i turn the car on with the headunit off, it does the seatbelt/door chimes fine, but once i turn on the radio and open the door it does that weird buzz. i have no clue whats wrong with it.

Should i just take it to a shop that knows what they are doing?

It's either your head unit or the PAC adapter. Look at the pac adapter, there should be a rotary switch with numbers on it, make sure the arrow is pointing to the number 2. If it's not, turn all power off, disconnect the HU from the PAC adapter, then adjust the rotary switch to 2.

If that's good, then you can take it to a shop, unless you have a second HU on hand to plug into the adapter.

Archived