ChrisB4 Posted May 25, 2016 Report Posted May 25, 2016 I just got a DSS etho 15 and I need help with a box design. My specs are 16.5h x 35w x 22d, the car is a 2003 Saab 9-3 and I listen to rap, hip-hop,decaf, djsnt etc. power is a Cresendo bc2000 with a 2nd xs power battery in the trunk. I don't meter so I am just looking for a loud daily on music. Any help is appreciated.
White Lightning Posted May 25, 2016 Report Posted May 25, 2016 Why not as Quentin for this ??? Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
ChrisB4 Posted May 25, 2016 Author Report Posted May 25, 2016 Why not as Quentin for this ??? Tried, no luck there.
Joe X Posted May 25, 2016 Report Posted May 25, 2016 Here is a suggestion, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 3/4", figure is just an assembly guide:NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.
ChrisB4 Posted May 25, 2016 Author Report Posted May 25, 2016 Here is a suggestion, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 3/4", figure is just an assembly guide:NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside. Wow is that really 3ft^3? It seems the width and depth are a little bigger then a 4ft^3 box I have. I may be wrong tho.
reedal Posted May 26, 2016 Report Posted May 26, 2016 Are you accounting for displacements of the port and double baffle? That will bring the volume down to what Joe has provided you. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
ChrisB4 Posted May 26, 2016 Author Report Posted May 26, 2016 Are you accounting for displacements of the port and double baffle? That will bring the volume down to what Joe has provided you. oh, I see, thanks for beinging that to my attention.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.