I would recommend drlling a bunch of holes as well, not big but make sure you have plenty. Should help some. But be warned now without using a real adhesive resin will not bond to plastic. Epoxy included. It very well might be good enough but if you go that route you are all but guaranteed it will delaminate eventually.

I used 3M 04240 when I had the hairline cracking and it worked great. But I was lazy and never really finished and so the rest of the dash literally shattered into pieces. So Im just buying a used (A) dash. But yes, it's very very common for these dashes to crack. N8 just got lucky. 3M also sells a reinforcing plastic fabric thing that I layered on the backside on the new (used) dash to give it the strength on top of laying down a coat of evercoat and sanding smooth.

What's the name of the 3m product. And I got a new (used) dash too just now sanding Down smooth I was thinking of adding some truck bed liner underneath the dash to add alil strength to do you think that well help. And I have some light weight filler evercoat would that help on top?

Anything to coat the underside should add some rigidity. I used the 3M plastic repair adhesives on the backside to not only give it strength but also keep it from cracking in the future (my hope anyways). As for the filler, I used the Evercoat Everglass for the top side.

The 3M products I used were:

3M 04240

3M 04903

Filler:

Evercoat Everglass

Archived