shepherd92683 Posted June 8, 2016 Report Posted June 8, 2016 Currently my box is tuned to 30 hz. I love how low it gets but after 4 years I want to switch it up. I was thinking of going up to about 38 hz. The box has 3 6" ports. What would the best solution to achieve this be? FYI I'm not a box builder and know nothing about adjusting these things so some explanation would be helpful. Thx. 2017 Honda Accord Touring Build coming soon
Jessica Posted June 8, 2016 Report Posted June 8, 2016 make them shorter Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
shepherd92683 Posted June 8, 2016 Author Report Posted June 8, 2016 Can you be specific? Am I able to maybe remove one port and make it adjustable so I can go back and forth on the tuning? I know that may be far fetched using a 4500 watt amp. 2017 Honda Accord Touring Build coming soon
Jessica Posted June 8, 2016 Report Posted June 8, 2016 use this, fill in the blanks, pretty easy. this is about the most accurate calc you will find for round ports. Subtract 1" for ports if they arent flared http://www.psp-inc.com/tools2.html Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
shepherd92683 Posted June 8, 2016 Author Report Posted June 8, 2016 So is this right, if my box is 12.5 cubes I can remove the port and shorten it to .83" and leave the other 2 and that will work? That doesn't seem right, it's basically like removing the port altogether. 2017 Honda Accord Touring Build coming soon
Jessica Posted June 8, 2016 Report Posted June 8, 2016 you did it wrong. What is your current box volume minus the ports and subs? Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Jessica Posted June 8, 2016 Report Posted June 8, 2016 just change tuning and see what the length is, if you know for sure you net volume, then you can just see what the calc returns for port length. Dont change # of ports. Of course if you are really anal, you will need to calulate how much area you gain from shortening the ports and add that to the volume and keep working toward your desired tuning. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
RooTxBeeR Posted June 8, 2016 Report Posted June 8, 2016 You can't just change 1 port, has to be all On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Krakin Posted June 8, 2016 Report Posted June 8, 2016 Unless you want an organ. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
shepherd92683 Posted June 8, 2016 Author Report Posted June 8, 2016 I'll have to ask the guy that built my box but I'm sure he doesn't remember. I know he told me 12.5 cubes and I'm pretty sure that's before displacement. This almost doesn't seem like it's worthwhile. And unfortunately building a new box is nowhere on the agenda. 2017 Honda Accord Touring Build coming soon
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.