Second Skin Audio

Kulicki Box For The Fjc-finished-videos

Looks like you're making a lot of headway here. Just for future reference, you can actually wait until the enclosure is completely assembled, then use a circle jig with a straight spiral bit to cut away the mounting lip. It wouldn't even have to be cut to .75" depth if you didn't want it to be. You'd take several passes to achieve the proper width then recess the bit further for the actual mounting cut-out. That's a good way to make it look seamless but you need a long spiral bit :D

Yeah , I glued that panel down before I cut it. I started to turn off the router and screw the top plate down temporarily to get the groove cut into it too. Why I didn't act on thought is beyond me? But I took the screw cover off of one of my subs and test fit it, and it looks pretty even to the naked eye. We will see as the work progresses.

Onto a few more pics. I got a little bored sitting around the house waiting on a call to got to work. I never know when they are gonna call me in. very fun to plan your life around . :?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't know why my camera picks up all those little spots. Maybe it is some sorta auro or somethin :wink:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It'll prolly be a few days before I get back to it. check back later on in the week...

Still gotta make and cut, and glue the 45s to the top side. After that give the inside a good sanding... before the top goes on...

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

nice lookin horn Trainman, and I love the idea of the 45s cut just right to line the walls, sweet man

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

The cuts at angles are easy. Especially if you ever ran interior trim. The 45 degree corners are actually cut at 22.5 degrees , making a nice 45 degree joint. The joints have very little if no gap in them at all, i just ran my finger over all of it with MDF paste to seal it up good.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

this morning 's work. Next time I get to work on it I will sand down the inside, glue the top on , route the edges, and prep for paint...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My Kulicki Box Build

Archived