Second Skin Audio

Slot Port Length Check

Your sketchup doesn't match what you have in Torres. In Torres you have the port as 16.5" x 3", but in your sketchup model your port looks to be about 33" wide.

Your sketchup doesn't match what you have in Torres. In Torres you have the port as 16.5" x 3", but in your sketchup model your port looks to be about 33" wide.

Just did a quick model, changed up the port, and I know the measurements are off. I don't have Torres on this terminal to plug in the new dims. Do you think this will work?

yijInSF.jpg

How close is the port to the back wall? The back wall might add to the port length and It looks like the brace on the port entrance might also.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

How close is the port to the back wall? The back wall might add to the port length and It looks like the brace on the port entrance might also.

3" gap before the bend

You don't have enough port area you will have port velocities around 120 ft/sec. Which will kill output and cause port noise. you want to get to 80 sq. inches of port area or more.

You don't have enough port area you will have port velocities around 120 ft/sec. Which will kill output and cause port noise. you want to get to 80 sq. inches of port area or more.

You are correct. How would you increase that number using the model?

You are correct. How would you increase that number using the model?

To increase port area you need to increase the height and width of your port. This will also require you to increase the length to keep tuning the same. You can probably get away with as low as 70 sq in of port area, but I wouldn't want to go below that if it can be avoided.

A couple other things, the way you have the port layed out in your most recent pic, its a 1 common wall port instead of a 3. You should add in the woofer displacement, which in your case is .234 cu ft. A double baffle would be a good idea as well.

Here is how your Torres should look before you start figuring out the port:

uCgokFF.png

What vehicle is this going in?

You are probably going to have a bit of a challenge fitting the port in this box. Unless you can fire the port out the side, pretty much the only place to put it is along the top like you have it. To get the port area you need this is probably going to result in a really inefficient high aspect ratio port, which is significantly less than ideal.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

It will be going in a Chevy Trailblazer so I figured porting this way wouldn't be an issue. It will be double baffled for sure. I was thinking of a couple of areo ports but I seen where you like slot ports better and as do I. I'll plug in everything you said when I'm at my terminal and post back up with a new model. Thanks for looking at this.

Archived