Second Skin Audio

Slot Port Length Check

if the port extends down the back wall of the box it would be 2 common walls correct?

Nope, still a 1 common wall port. The way to tell is to look at the inside mouth of the port and then count how many walls it has in common with the rest of the box at that point. Bends and turns in the port don't matter.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

If the port is 3 inches wide and it is 3 inches from the back wall then the port will claim part of the back wall. One half port width down the wall past the port will belong to the port. Ideally you would want the port opening to be at least 2x the width away from the back wall. Use this to your advantage and make the port wider and / or taller and let it use the back wall.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Ok keyed in different dims and messed around with the port. Looks like everything should be in tact for this enclosure. Wadda you think? Also, I would like to see how this does in WinIsd and I have the program, however it doesn't have my driver in the database. Need a quick course on how to plot

z1Ws8fB.jpg

here is the model. tried to get the dims shown as much as I could

iYCHoB7.jpg

Everything looks good, except your net volume is pretty high. Rockford recommends 1.5 cu ft per sub and you are almost 50% over that. That may not work out well.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Okay I see. I redid it so hopefully this will work. I'm going to port on the front and place the subs on top.

9oBASnI.jpg

So here's what I'll be building within the next couple of weeks for my build log which is on hold because I let my in-law borrow PoppaBlaze. Very basic, but will do the job and I might add a few features. I'll just have to see.

zZuLlsX.jpg

Archived