Sundown Audio

Splitting Wrres Question

natemikegray

I have two of the exact same amps that I plan on running to each individual sub. I only have 1 gain knob (not bass knob, gain knob) that uses a 4 pin mudular wire. I was wondering if I am able to use a wire splitter like a Belkin F8v109 without hurting anything or messing anything up.

All help is appreciated.

The amps I were referring to are Cadence Ultrashock A7HC.

2001 Tahoe

No system. Not even aftermarket headunit.

I only have the one gain knob and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get another one. I was lucky to be able to get the first one.

What kind of bad things are we talking about? In retrospect it should work. Both amps are the exact same so what ever signal that is transfered between amps and knob should be the exact same as well.

2001 Tahoe

Get a pac lc1 and a rca splitter which most likely you should already have if you plan to run multiple amps

Thanks. I just got done researching that device and it seams like my best option. Hears a question. I have a line driver and I was wondering if I could hook up my line driver into this and then into both my amps? The reason I ask is because my deck puts out a 2-3v output and since I am running 2 amps I could set my vote to 10 and have it split between the two. Could this work?

2001 Tahoe

PAC-LC1

your amps gains prolly go down to 0.2V (just guessing) so if your gain is not all the way down then you do not need a line driver IMO. if your subs share the same chamber please properly gain match your amps or you could cause premature failure of a sub.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived