Some good 6x9s and etc that aren't expensive

Mariothadon

Don't waste your money or time installing anything in the rear. Use the money to buy a better set of 6.5's and amp. you will get far better results. if you have to have sound in the rear then keep the stock speakers in there.

• 4 weeks later...

There is nothing wrong with 6x9's.

The only problem is there are not a whole lot of options available for high quality ones if you were after full on sound quality type of speakers but you aren't so it doesn't matter.

I can tell you that none of the adapters I have tried in my dodge factory 6x9 location have fit properly and anything you get will have to be modified.

I chopped up an expensive pair of smd adapters and wasn't happy with how they fit after doing so and just threw them away.

If you want 6x9 to 6.5 adapters that fit properly they will have to be custom made for your application.

I'll be sticking with 6x9's for my build and I bet not one person that hears it will say hey that sounds like an oval instead of a circle.......

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived