Second Skin Audio

Designer that won't give up!!!!! Will Pay!

Clamped doesn't mean anything in AC.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Volts x amps only works in DC circuits.

You need to have the power angle to find power in AC circuits, but that can be saved for another thread. To find port area in the easiest way I'll suggest you that link I posted.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

Volts x amps only works in DC circuits.

You need to have the power angle to find power in AC circuits, but that can be saved for another thread. To find port area in the easiest way I'll suggest you that link I posted.

i was under the impression that the new TL clamp accounted for the power factor?

2000 Cavalier 4 door
XS D925
XS D2400
XS D3100
4 runs of 1/0
Mechman 270

2 DD 9515js

Oh, I have no idea I don't know those clamps I just know most people use a cheap clamp that only accounts for amps alone.

Oh, I have no idea I don't know those clamps I just know most people use a cheap clamp that only accounts for amps alone.

Alright because it gave me 121.4V 28.7A is 3483w power factor of 4 leaving 3265w at the time of unloading

2000 Cavalier 4 door
XS D925
XS D2400
XS D3100
4 runs of 1/0
Mechman 270

2 DD 9515js

I forget what dd runs, but I think its something like 8 medium spiders stacked, that never really get too lose and sloppy.

The PSI spiders from what I have noticed tend to get very lose, and could be part of your unloading issue..

If it was me I would shrink box size and leave port size alone.

Pull out the woofers, build yourself a .25-.5 cubic foot box that you can screw inside of your box to shrink volume and test it on the meter.

From my past experience with 9512s, they liked smaller enclosures at least if you are more number oriented.

Before you go about getting a new box designed, it might be best to determine exactly whats going wrong with your current setup. audiofanaticz suggestion sounds like a good starting point. I would also suggest physically verifying what your tuning frequency is. You can do it by playing sine wave tones at moderate volume while watching how much cone excursion you are getting. The tone where cone excursion is the least is your tuning frequency.

When you say you are having unloading issues, at what exact frequencies is this happening?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived