Aaron Tuck TBA Posted July 11, 2016 Report Posted July 11, 2016 I'm in need of some help with designing a new enclosure. I have a 2000 Cavalier sealed up peak @44hz. need a new design my current has loading issues for some odd crazy fucking reason. I have 2 DD9515j with psi softies. Medium roll surround press paper cone 3inch 4 layer dual 1 coils 3 stiff linear spiders pack with triple sewn leads. Currently in a 6 cube net box with 90.75inches of port @35-36hz. Powered by 2 Twisted Sounds TS3.5k Rev2s. Configured sub port sub.(pic below) Max Dimensions are 36.5 wide 18 high 26 deep. looking far a decent mix of musicability but more focus on SPL. can anyone help me please!?!? 2000 Cavalier 4 doorXS D925XS D2400XS D31004 runs of 1/0 Mechman 270 2 DD 9515js
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted July 11, 2016 Report Posted July 11, 2016 Since you aren't Sealed off have you tried turning the enclosure around? That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Aaron Tuck TBA Posted July 11, 2016 Author Report Posted July 11, 2016 Wouldn't work very well turned around. takes up entire trunk. 2000 Cavalier 4 doorXS D925XS D2400XS D31004 runs of 1/0 Mechman 270 2 DD 9515js
Joe X Posted July 11, 2016 Report Posted July 11, 2016 Without parameters for those custom subs nothing can be said for sure but Id bet your port area is on the low side.
Aaron Tuck TBA Posted July 11, 2016 Author Report Posted July 11, 2016 Without parameters for those custom subs nothing can be said for sure but Id bet your port area is on the low side. I'm having mixed opinions on that. some saying little smaller some say bigger 2000 Cavalier 4 doorXS D925XS D2400XS D31004 runs of 1/0 Mechman 270 2 DD 9515js
Krakin Posted July 11, 2016 Report Posted July 11, 2016 Then do the math yourself. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Aaron Tuck TBA Posted July 11, 2016 Author Report Posted July 11, 2016 Then do the math yourself. ? Problem? 2000 Cavalier 4 doorXS D925XS D2400XS D31004 runs of 1/0 Mechman 270 2 DD 9515js
ToNasty Posted July 11, 2016 Report Posted July 11, 2016 I think one of the reasons maybe the power you are feeding them. But don't quote me on that ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Krakin Posted July 11, 2016 Report Posted July 11, 2016 This is the easiest way I'll ever suggest. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Aaron Tuck TBA Posted July 11, 2016 Author Report Posted July 11, 2016 I think one of the reasons maybe the power you are feeding them. But don't quote me on that Its unloading at 3k clamped. so 1500 each 2000 Cavalier 4 doorXS D925XS D2400XS D31004 runs of 1/0 Mechman 270 2 DD 9515js
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.