I used to be moderately proficient at the piano in high school, but that was a LONG time ago.

Unfortunately I have no piano buying advice to give you.

Speaking of piano covers, here is one of my favorites:

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

One of the best things about a nice digital is you can throw headphones on any play any time without bothering anyone.

That is a huge reason for me as I live in a condo with two roommates and adjoined to another condo that rents out like a BnB so I wouldn't want to annoy anyone with someone relearning an instrument.

I'm also attracted to the no need to be tuned as an acoustic.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Yea tuning isn't cheap at all and sometimes it's hard to find someone who isn't booked until next year unless you are part of the secret piano tuner circle. Digitals have come a long way - the good ones are REALLY good. Maybe go demo some!

Yea tuning isn't cheap at all and sometimes it's hard to find someone who isn't booked until next year unless you are part of the secret piano tuner circle. Digitals have come a long way - the good ones are REALLY good. Maybe go demo some!

I would tune myself. We have all the tools and it isn't that hard to understand tuning styles and voicing, we used to do it to our concert grand. I just don't want to when I could mess around with a few buttons and now have a new piano.

The only digitals I've demoed are the new Casio GP line and I finally found a good reference on their turn around and what I should go in for as bartering. Before I played this one I was going to just save up for either Rolands top or a different Hybrid. The only issue is the amount of variety in Arkansas is almost null.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived