Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sundown X 15


Daddy_

Recommended Posts

Posted

I don't know the specs on those subs you listed but the problem with running two twelve instead of a single 15 is that you will need the power to support them and you may need more port area depending on the power being supplied to them (and of course other factors besides that). I would look up the specs and plot it for you but I'm not at my computer right now and am going to be busy all day but if it still needs to be done tonight I will be more than happy to help.

Well if I go with the sundown x15 I'll do it in a 3.5net cubic feet box tuned to 32 hertz with 68 Sq in of port area running off a sundown 1500d

And if I go with 2 12 sundown sa in a 3.5 cubes net box tuned to 34 hertz with 46.5 port area off a sundown 1500d

Both sub setup will be running off the same amp at 1 ohm. Just wondering which one I'll would be best for me. I know the 2 12s should have more output. What are the pros/cons running one overy the other

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

Posted

Ok, here is a graph comparing your two options:

KdWeE6W.png

The green line is the X-15 and the orange line is the two SA-12s.

The X-15 does play ever so slightly lower, but that is mostly due to that box being tuned 2 Hz lower.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

The single X15 no doubt, still you will loose output due to the smaller box, with the two X12s the enclosure is almost a joke and you will also be underpowering.

Why would the enclosure be a joke?

Posted

The single X15 no doubt, still you will loose output due to the smaller box, with the two X12s the enclosure is almost a joke and you will also be underpowering.

The box I stated is for 2 12 sundown da not the x

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

Posted

Ok then, the SAs look quite a bit better, the plot factors in average cabin gain (SA12s in red):

2sa12v1x15.jpg

A little more than 2dB it seems.

Here's the X15V1 in 3.5 (in yellow) vs 4.25 (in blue):

35vs425.jpg

So 1-2 dB loss to pay for the 0.75 net you can't give.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 571 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...