Sundown Audio

SERIOUS amplifier guru's please PM me....

Bayuk89

Having a record in SPL doesn't equate to knowledge on electronics or circuit design.

Nevertheless ignore him, but I personally am for outing experiences as it requires companies to be held accountable for misinformation.

Not to mention a number of the partners here that sell amplifiers don't even design their own boards.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

If all someone wants to be is loud, then bang them till they stink. It is the only way to find the limit of the equipment when giving a sub more power than its rated for. It has been done that way for decades. But if you want it to sound good and not risk your equipment, then that's a different story.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

^^^^ i wont mention the company's name i talked to because its not the the companies fault the tech guy gave me ill information (his opinion and prefernece on how they should be set) i still would buy products from them.

But yes its NOT a good idea to trust everyones opinion on how things "should be done" and obviously got my answer from y'all and i apprciate it.

Or you could just not risk your equipment and be louder than the guy throwing shit into shit and hoping it does something, by just taking the time to figure out how things will react before doing something stupid.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

I believe it is their fault since they are the one paying him.

I believe it is their fault since they are the one paying him.

Ive had e-mail conversations in the past with one of the subwoofer builders and tried to talk to him but he was out for lunch so i got transfered to the guy we are talking about.... thought about e-mailing the owner about todays conversation, but i feel its prolly not my place. The company im speaking about isnt shit piled on shit like you may think. I wish i could tell you who it is but i want to keep their privacy because like i said, it was the tech guys opinion and we have to ability choose to listen to someones opinion or not.... but needs less to say it was in fact wrong information and if someone followed, they may damage their gear.

Damaged gear is par for the course in spl. I don't think his advice is bad, just wrong for most people.It just depends on what the goal is.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

the dd-1 is good for one thing i know, finding out where your source distorts. that alone os worth more than many amps. after that it really dont matter imo. you are going to set with overlap anyway, you melt a coil thats on you, you can do that with a clean signal

.....you melt a coil thats on you, you can do that with a clean signal

x 1,000

A DD-1 (or o-scope) is a good tool for all the reasons people listed above, but properly set gains are no guarantee against sub damage.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived