Mason SteMarie Posted July 17, 2016 Report Posted July 17, 2016 Hi, So I am currently running 4 Alpine Type-R 6x8's (4 ohm SVC) on a SoundQubed 120.4.. I have 1 speaker in each of my 4 doors and each speaker is wired to a separate channel on the amp. I love the speakers, but they are not quite as loud at the higher frequencies as I would like, so I am looking to add a single Crescendo FT-1 super tweeter to each of the front doors (I am willing to add to the back doors so each channel of the amp retains an equal impedence if I have to). I am just curious as to how I should go about wiring this? I understand that I could add passive crossovers, but I dont want to give up the high's on the Type-R's.. Is there any other way to wire everything up so I retain the high notes on both the Type-R's and the FT-1's? The only catch is I really don't want to have to run more speaker wire into the doors, because I have to take my door all the way off and drill more holes to do so. SHTNONM - 2009 Ford Escape XLT 3.0L V6 - 1 Sundown X-12 V1 D2 - 1 Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp - 1 SoundQubed Q4-120 - 4 Alpine Type-R 6x8's - 1 XS Power D3400 - Sky High Car Audio Wire - SMD VM-1 - Kenwood Excelon KVC-X599
MrSkippyJ Posted July 17, 2016 Report Posted July 17, 2016 I would think what you have should be more than enough. Have you checked to make sure you aren't attenuating/eliminating those frequencies before you go adding more tweeters? F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
ckeeler11 Posted July 20, 2016 Report Posted July 20, 2016 +1 on to MrSkippy. Don't waste money on more tweeters until figure out the problem.
Wasteland_Audio Posted July 20, 2016 Report Posted July 20, 2016 just buy a 2 channel amp for the tweets, it'll save you a lot of headache.
Mason SteMarie Posted August 15, 2016 Author Report Posted August 15, 2016 If i ran speaker wire between my 6x8's and the super tweeters with an inline "FT-1 Tweeter Crossover" in the middle, would that work? SHTNONM - 2009 Ford Escape XLT 3.0L V6 - 1 Sundown X-12 V1 D2 - 1 Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp - 1 SoundQubed Q4-120 - 4 Alpine Type-R 6x8's - 1 XS Power D3400 - Sky High Car Audio Wire - SMD VM-1 - Kenwood Excelon KVC-X599
MrSkippyJ Posted August 15, 2016 Report Posted August 15, 2016 have you made sure you aren't filtering anything out or have some other issue that hurting output yet? Adding tweeters is not going to do any good if you have something going on that is killing your output at those frequencies. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
3vil Posted August 15, 2016 Report Posted August 15, 2016 Another +1 to Skippy here. I'm pretty sure you have something set wrong, like maybe your 4ch is in LP instead of FULL. Triple check the amp and the HU settings, then grab some other random 4ohm speaker and swap one out just to see if it also lacks high range output.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.