Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Aero Ports Vs Slot Ports


Recommended Posts

Posted

so my 6.75" OD/ 6"ID tube gonna sound like crap compared to a slot?

1998 Monte Carlo Z34

Stock HU but have replacement

Stock Highs

Stock Electrical

BTL 18 sitting naked

AP1500D

Posted

i think im gonna go aero's.

but in the same box, same subs, if i was to tune a slot port to 31hz, and aero's to 31hz (again, same size box/subs/amps/power/etc) will the slot be louder (i plan on getting into bassrace, i dont care for dB drag burping, etc...)

Copycat. I just got done running over the bass race rule book. lol

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

  • 1 year later...
Posted

I'm kinda in the same boat on this one , wallin off the suburban with 4 18's and I can't seem to decide aero or slot .. Everyone I have talked to says aero , because it's going to be a daily pounder and they will have a " smoother" sound and a bit wider hz range ..

Posted

Mostly cost man and look at the pics in the first page thats a lot of ports which would probely cost a lots of monies.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

  • 1 year later...
Posted

I just used black pvc for my ports and cut them to length then rounded the edges. On the other hand a nice big square port looks awesome.

Just be honest, it's always a work in progress with ever changing plans.

  • 5 months later...
Posted

If you cant fit a big slot port on the baffle or cant quite get your proper volume out of the enclosure then go for aeros they will save alot of box volume and you can fit them in easier on the baffle sometimes.

  • 1 year later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4975 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...