SQ/SQL Sub Advice

melton723

^^^ beat me. Fi Q, with the high QTS kicker.

Edit- welcome to the forum OP.

Also, drop SQL. Sounds as meh as saying trunk wall.

Thanks man.

And noted about the SQL thing haha. Didn't really know it was a "thing" until I saw recently a lot of people throwing that term around on the internet, so figured I'd use it :unknw: Seems to be a made up term I gather.

It's just that you can't have your cake and eat it too. You have to sacrifice one for the other.

That said the Q or Havoc are pretty damn awesome for both. They'll get decently loud while sounding great in the right enclosure.

• 1 month later...

I just put 2 10 Qs in today in a ported box on a scv 3000. And just from the amount of time I played with them I noticed a sound differance from my Dc lvl 4s . They sound good and dig deep when need be. Qs would be a good choice.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

I just put 2 10 Qs in today in a ported box on a scv 3000. And just from the amount of time I played with them I noticed a sound differance from my Dc lvl 4s . They sound good and dig deep when need be. Qs would be a good choice.

Thanks for the review. I always wanted to change out my SQHDS10's for some Q's. I went on a budget and i have always wish i went another direction.

• 2 months later...

You might want to check out DDaudio (Digital Designs). Their 2000 and 3000 series SQ woofers would be nice. You can customize them and everything. I'm SQL running Zapco C2K's and I use the 9500 series ;-)

Awesome. I will keep those in consideration as well. Thanks for the recommendation.

p.s. sorry for such a delayed response. Haven't been on here in a while.

Archived