Karkov Posted August 7, 2016 Report Posted August 7, 2016 Looks like the port is only like 12 by 1 lol I really wouldn't know bro.... crazy thing is I asked people awhile back about could I fit one 18" in my Dodge Charger and the answer was NO but here goes an dual 18 inch ported enclosure for my car that AK Audio also made... SMFH optimal?.....................................................you have a lot to learn, slow your roll 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Mariothadon Posted August 7, 2016 Author Report Posted August 7, 2016 Looks like the port is only like 12 by 1 lol I really wouldn't know bro.... crazy thing is I asked people awhile back about could I fit one 18" in my Dodge Charger and the answer was NO but here goes an dual 18 inch ported enclosure for my car that AK Audio also made... SMFH optimal?.....................................................you have a lot to learn, slow your roll Hey I'm just showing that it could be done... might not be worth a damn though!! lol
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted August 7, 2016 Report Posted August 7, 2016 Does your charger have the seats that fold down in the rear? That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Mariothadon Posted August 7, 2016 Author Report Posted August 7, 2016 Does your charger have the seats that fold down in the rear? Yes . If 4 12's isn't my best bet... and I can't do 1 18" .. or 2 15s with the proper size box what would be my best bet in a Dodge Charger... I need someone to answer that for me cause my Orion Hcca 5000.1 is just sitting here wanting a sub or a pair of subs to work on. I was told my amp really puts out only 3000 rms at 1 ohm so do I need to find 1 good sub or 2 good subs for it to mate with sexually? I just want a nice low deep pounding sound with a little spl.... I always get pointed in 10 different ways around here and now I'm a lost little funky pup
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted August 7, 2016 Report Posted August 7, 2016 If it was me I'd do two beastly 12's firing forward into the cabin and seal off the trunk. Something like the sundown x 12's would get you what you want and handle the power you have on tap (if you set it properly this time) Also the enclosure must be built to spec for the subs, don't buy another prefab. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Mariothadon Posted August 7, 2016 Author Report Posted August 7, 2016 If it was me I'd do two beastly 12's firing forward into the cabin and seal off the trunk. Something like the sundown x 12's would get you what you want and handle the power you have on tap (if you set it properly this time) Also the enclosure must be built to spec for the subs, don't buy another prefab. Would that require any cutting on the car to seal off trunk? I want to just be able to put a box in my trunk and let it rip without cutting/modifying. If it's a regular ported box my dimensions are roughly 37" width ... 14.5/15" height... 22/25" depth... would that be enough space for the sundown x 12's ?
frogcase2002 Posted August 7, 2016 Report Posted August 7, 2016 Yea I wouldnt do more than 2 12s or a single 15 in the space you have available . . More is not always better. Especially in trunks . . . And the enclosure is going to be one of the most important factors for you . It NEEDS to be designed for the sub/subs you get . Clarion cz702 Ssa evil mids and tweeters ppi 900.4 2 zcon 18s Taramps 10k 3 big dekas 1 xs 3 runs of 4/0 and big 3 300+ amp ohio generator 155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25
frogcase2002 Posted August 7, 2016 Report Posted August 7, 2016 Looks like the port is only like 12 by 1lol I really wouldn't know bro.... crazy thing is I asked people awhile back about could I fit one 18" in my Dodge Charger and the answer was NO but here goes an dual 18 inch ported enclosure for my car that AK Audio also made... Are those little triangles on the bottom middle of the enclosure the ports!!!!!! . . You really should not go through who ever is building these enclosure you are posting on here Clarion cz702 Ssa evil mids and tweeters ppi 900.4 2 zcon 18s Taramps 10k 3 big dekas 1 xs 3 runs of 4/0 and big 3 300+ amp ohio generator 155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25
Mariothadon Posted August 7, 2016 Author Report Posted August 7, 2016 Yea I wouldnt do more than 2 12s or a single 15 in the space you have available . . More is not always better. Especially in trunks . . . And the enclosure is going to be one of the most important factors for you . It NEEDS to be designed for the sub/subs you get . Ok. I need to find someone who can make me a enclosure around my provided dimensions..
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.