Mariothadon Posted August 6, 2016 Report Posted August 6, 2016 Will this be the ideal setup for my amplifier since it puts out anywhere from 2,400 to 3,000 rms on 1 ohm? If I put these subs in a ported box tuned to specs would they be a low end monster or a spl set up? I'm trying to see what exactly I'd be getting since I've never owned DC subwoofers. I know I have posted here in the past but people told me useful info and I've decided to try a different route than before. Plz let me know if these will wang with the 1.25 cu ft per sub recommended or what...
Gladski462 Posted August 6, 2016 Report Posted August 6, 2016 That's more amp then you will need assuming the subs are wired to 1 ohm.. You can still use it, just go easy with the gain knob, they are rated for 600rms. These subs can play whatever you would like (high or low) depending on how you build the box. I've seen them succeed at both in many different applications. My DC's are in a box tuned to 36hz at the manufacturer's recommended net volume. From all of the testing that I have done, this provided the most balanced and musical results for a full range of high and low notes. If your goal is different, adjust accordingly. Hopefully that is a good starting point for you. 08' Grand Cherokee (2) DC Lvl 4 12's
Mariothadon Posted August 6, 2016 Author Report Posted August 6, 2016 I have the same goal as far as low and high notes. Just wanted to know if they could take the amp or would I be better off getting 4 12" subwoofers with a little higher of an rms.
ShadeTreeMechanic Posted August 6, 2016 Report Posted August 6, 2016 I would wire it to 4 ohm if you are really worried about it. Me personally,i would do 1 ohm and fly by the seat of my pants. But that's just me. 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
MrSkippyJ Posted August 6, 2016 Report Posted August 6, 2016 Am I missing something? 4 600rms subs (2400 total) on 2400-3000 watts RMS? So at most 750rms each sub? That should be fine. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
audiofanaticz Posted August 6, 2016 Report Posted August 6, 2016 You blew 2 american bass hd 12s in under a week, your going to blow these even faster. I thought you where getting 2 SSA Evils..
Jessica Posted August 6, 2016 Report Posted August 6, 2016 You blew 2 american bass hd 12s in under a week, your going to blow these even faster. I thought you where getting 2 SSA Evils.. well, there was never any proof of that. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
MrSkippyJ Posted August 6, 2016 Report Posted August 6, 2016 Oh fuck, this is that guy? Never mind. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
audiofanaticz Posted August 6, 2016 Report Posted August 6, 2016 All these "I have a dream stereo systems".
Jessica Posted August 6, 2016 Report Posted August 6, 2016 i would like some pics Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.