gizmo1 Posted August 8, 2016 Report Posted August 8, 2016 Sorry if this is a weird question but I'm wandering for the most part should multiple subs wired on a single channel wear evenly? Would they blow around the same time if both are being clipped over powered and abused for some reason?
hdorre Posted August 8, 2016 Report Posted August 8, 2016 Shouldn't be any noticeable difference, unless you have issues.. Like loading On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
ChevyBoy95 Posted August 8, 2016 Report Posted August 8, 2016 Sorry if this is a weird question but I'm wandering for the most part should multiple subs wired on a single channel wear evenly? Would they blow around the same time if both are being clipped over powered and abused for some reason? Break in should be basically identical, but depending on many variables you can blow both OR single subs in a multiple sub set up even on a single amp. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
3vil Posted August 8, 2016 Report Posted August 8, 2016 One thing that can make a difference when dealing with multiple subs is there placement relative to the port. In some enclosure designs where each driver is a different distance from the port, one sub may be more likely to unload than the other, and that sub would be more prone to damage.
gizmo1 Posted August 8, 2016 Author Report Posted August 8, 2016 Well thing is I have a ported box where port is in middle firing out the back and subs are facing up both same distance from port. So I'm wandering what would be a likely cause for one sub to have a blackened coil while the other looks like new. Both are still playing fine but one looks damn near burned while other is fine. I just didn't know if it was normal or if not what I should fix about it.
3vil Posted August 8, 2016 Report Posted August 8, 2016 What subs and amp are you running, and how did you set them up?
gizmo1 Posted August 8, 2016 Author Report Posted August 8, 2016 Here's a pic of how the enclosure is set up to give a better ideal. Running 2 Level 3s on FSD 2600 amp. Amp set by ear (bad deal I know probably where my black coil came from). Subs are 4ohm DVC. Wired to 1 ohm double checked with DMM and constantly around 1ohm so I don't think its in the wiring.
gizmo1 Posted August 8, 2016 Author Report Posted August 8, 2016 Yea I think maybe once don't really recall though its not my daily vehicle last time I drove it was to take to sound off then I drove it straight back home and parked it this was probably 2 weeking ago then I pulled the box today to redo and I noticed how the coil on one sub looked black.
3vil Posted August 8, 2016 Report Posted August 8, 2016 I suggest you buy/borrow/beg a DD-1 to make sure your gain is set properly and to find the max clean volume on your HU. You probably have a little clipping or distortion going on right now, and over time that will kill one or both of those subs.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.