Second Skin Audio

First ported enclosure build need some help.. Sundown x6.5's

Ams715

I pushed a solid 1k to my DD 6.5 for quite a while, never had issues aside from some break up if it was in a bit larger enclosure. I doubt it's that much tougher of a sub than those.

Yeah I can't imagine the dd's and these x's have much of a power handling difference but bein I don't have money to replace these at the drop of a hat I wanna play it on the safe side.

As a side note k got rid of the Samson amp now I'm on the hunt for a solid amp that will push the 6-800 rms at 2 ohms that I'm aiming for. Still leaning towards the hifonics brz1200.1 but if anybody has a good suggestion for somethin $250 or less feel free to lemme know! Wanna do this right the first time.???

I pushed a solid 1k to my DD 6.5 for quite a while, never had issues aside from some break up if it was in a bit larger enclosure. I doubt it's that much tougher of a sub than those.

Yeah I can't imagine the dd's and these x's have much of a power handling difference but bein I don't have money to replace these at the drop of a hat I wanna play it on the safe side.

As a side note k got rid of the Samson amp now I'm on the hunt for a solid amp that will push the 6-800 rms at 2 ohms that I'm aiming for. Still leaning towards the hifonics brz1200.1 but if anybody has a good suggestion for somethin $250 or less feel free to lemme know! Wanna do this right the first time.

A lot of Brazilian amps make their power to 2 ohms.... they're tiny footprint as well. Possibly Kicker, Alpine, or one of the other big box store brands has a 1000W into 2 ohm offering.

Late to the party regarding box construction, but always double check your units and specs you enter into WINISD. Mixing up inches and mm will give you some pretty wild numbers with the vent mach. As you have discovered, small box tuned low with adequate port area can become impractically big. IDK if anybody makes a good passive radiator anymore, or if fitting that would be easier, but that's always an option to get the benefits of porting when a port just won't fit.

Archived