Two sizes of midbass/midrange drivers needed?

06RTCharger

06 dodge charger, stock 7speaker BA system. Ripping, cutting, deadening and glassing it all. Now with that out the way, im not going for sound quality too much, as i dont often listen to music with the windows up. BUT i dont want to feel like im in a room with 5 individual mix branded boomboxes all playing the same CD. I dont want sound clutter,but i want LOUD clarity at max volume (right before clipping) and ALSO clarity with low volumes (some soft R&B for the ladies lol). Another fact, i mostly listen to rap, hip-hop and R&B, the question of "what type of music will u be playing" always comes up. Not doing any plans on subs yet, i want my midbass-midrange-highs all perfect to my liking THEN choose a sub based on where i end up with the mids/highs. Another fact my budget is decent, planning on maybe upto 3,000-3,500 possibly 4k on just mids/high speakers and amps. Thats not including install equipment, just on the speakers and amps for midbass, midrange and highs. My plan so far is four 10inch "loudspeakers" not "subs", for strong hard hitting midbass in the rear deck, any speaker brand/model suggestions. No rear door speakers. Front doors is where yalls help is really needed! If i get 8inch woofers and tweeters......would adding a 6.5-5.25 be improving sound quality or not? My 8s would be preferably clean midbass right on me in the front. But would that mean the midrange would be lacking? Is the frequency gap between a 8inch midbass/midrange and the tweeter too far? If i have three or four 8s in each front door (which ever fits), and two tweeters on each side(not sure door mounted or A-pillar), do i probably need 6.5-5.25's in the doors? If so they would be a 1-to-1 replacement of the 8inchers. So i could go four 8s? Or three 8s,one 6.5-5.25? Or two 8s, two 6.5-5.25? Or one 8, three 6.5-5.25? Im sure all configureations would be "loud" but which would be more quality sound??? Is implementing 6.5-5.25s for strict midrange a good move? Ill stop here lol please help me with my front door dilemma lol also any suggestion on quality speaker brands and models for my intrests would be GREATLY appreciated. Any other "system facts" needed for my plans just ask, i tried to cover it all so that extra questions of my install/applications/ideas dont need to be asked, but what ever i missed, please let me know.

Oh some ive considered and looked at and checked out on youtube/google are the crescendo UNs, sundown neos v2 (no 10in model though). Also came across Eminence as a quality company thats been around for a long long time, but they seem to be more geared toward audio for bands and concert performances and stuff. Not really much on them being in car audio. And beyma but when i see videos of l them its almost always in some foreign country playing techno and theres like 20 speakers in a car/van/rear hatch door trunk area lol, my system isnt for competition, maybe just stopped at a street light type of competitions ;) The only reason i secondguessed the crescendos is their BBB reviews, got me kind of scared and wondering about the ethics of the business and how they deal with customers.

You should start small and add to it a little at a time. That way when you add something and it doesn't act like you think it should, you can do something to rectify it. If you just start out putting a ton of stuff in all at once, it will be harder to determine and redo the part that doesn't work out. PA style speakers are not known to have good sound quality in general they are just loud. You don't want it to sound like the sound is coming from all different directions? I don't know how you will do that when you will have speakers playing from all different directions. But to answer your question, yes a ton of speakers will make it really loud.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

PA meaning public address right? Which brands do you recommend that arent PA speakers? Are u familiar with eminence?

Im a firm believer of doing it right the first time, measuring twice and cutting once. The other problem with doing little by little is im going to be fiberglassing the rear deck and doors. I wouldnt want to have to do my doors like 2-3-4 times lol. Do you think the 6.5 size door speaker is needed for quality? Rather then just 8's and tweeters?

PA meaning public address right? Which brands do you recommend that arent PA speakers? Are u familiar with eminence?

Im a firm believer of doing it right the first time, measuring twice and cutting once. The other problem with doing little by little is im going to be fiberglassing the rear deck and doors. I wouldnt want to have to do my doors like 2-3-4 times lol. Do you think the 6.5 size door speaker is needed for quality? Rather then just 8's and tweeters?

Your trying to over do it, "K.I.S.S."

Complex systems can be a PITA, especially if your knowledge is limited.

Trying to play low notes without sub bass is tough on your gear, so i would at the very least use some midbass.

In all honesty though you would be better off with some subs to play the low notes with and keep the system as simple as possible, trying to over think a system is like trying to reinvent the wheel, and there is no need for that.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I think u skipped thru my post skull? Im planning on four 10's in the rear deck for primarily strong midbass. Also want some midbass upfront in the doors, hence the 8's. But my concern was do i need a more strict midrange driver for the midrange frequencies, like 6.5's? Or could a 8's handle midbass well while hitting the midrange also? Basically is four 8's better than two 8's and two 6.5's? Or does the mix of the two sizes provide a better coverage of frequencies?

Archived