cdlowe Posted August 23, 2016 Report Posted August 23, 2016 I have a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer that I want to build a good sound system. I currently have the following equipment I could use if needed. An Alpine CDA-9805 and Panasonic CQ-C7303U radios and the following amps A NVX-MVP4 and a Soundstream D100 and 2 D60's. My budget is $1000 for equipment. Will deaden doors. I plan on running 1 Sundown Audio E-10 and Hybrid Audio Speakers. Either the Imagines or Unity components I could run the components passive or active Also plan on running just the front stage and the sub Just wondering what differents ideas were out there regarding this. Thanks for any help
cdlowe Posted August 26, 2016 Author Report Posted August 26, 2016 Just found a Kicker ZX300.1 mono amp. Forget we even had it
dolarbilz Posted August 26, 2016 Report Posted August 26, 2016 If me I would grab some unity , make sure you spend the money and get second skin product, I would use the d100 for mids the d60 for tweeters pick up a pioneer 80prs run active with the kicker on the sundown sub.aslong as you understand active you should be good to go.bet it would sound nice.how well do the soundstream amps work? Have they been tested?
Soccerballzs Posted August 26, 2016 Report Posted August 26, 2016 Why are you stuck on HATS? Other brands that are just as good. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
cdlowe Posted August 26, 2016 Author Report Posted August 26, 2016 As far as picking the Hybrids. They are a local company (in the same state) Only 2 high end speakers sold in town are the Focal and Hybrid Dont really have time to travel 2+ hours to audition car audio due to work and family commitments Biggest thing of all, liked the smooth natural sound of the Hybrid Havent mess with car audio for myself in 10-15 years Been helping my oldest son with subs but thats it
cdlowe Posted August 26, 2016 Author Report Posted August 26, 2016 Thanks dolarbilz for the suggestions Thats exactly the way I've been leaning Do you think the Sundown would be a good sq sub ? Also may change amps to newer models down the road Just trying to work within my budget
dolarbilz Posted August 26, 2016 Report Posted August 26, 2016 I'm not sure on the sundown sub, never heard one , but I'm sure it will be just fine for you. everybody Sq is different, are you going for a tripple points champion? I dought it. Start simple work with what you have,grow from there.
cdlowe Posted August 29, 2016 Author Report Posted August 29, 2016 What would be a reasonable sq sub for the HAT's ? The Sundown is $125 Would one 10" be good to use ? Most threads I have read have 2-10's or 1-12" ?
CstrokerV Posted August 29, 2016 Report Posted August 29, 2016 why not run one of there subs? ..... and just a f.y.i if you are direct replacing the speakers in the doors without modifications 6.5 will not fit unless mine were 6.75 can't remember my build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/142505-small-build-log-4-dc-lvl3-10s-tl-update-link-to-rebuild/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/154258-rebuild-6-lvl3-12s-update-small-video-nothing-spectacular/ new build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188181-03-trailblazer-slow-build-8-dc-lvl3-12-m1-motor-m2-parts/
cdlowe Posted August 29, 2016 Author Report Posted August 29, 2016 When I got the vehicle, 3 of 4 door speakers were blown. I replaced them with RE Audio REX6.5 speakers. I has to the modify the plastic mounting pieces on the doors. Cant remember the depth though
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.