Jump to content

HAT Speakers for 2003 Chevy Trailblazer


cdlowe

Recommended Posts

Posted

If I run the HATS active, I'm assuming set the crossover points in Puoneer 80 headunit.

But how would I setup the graphic equalizer ?

From what I read you want the actual sound flat.

What would be needed to do that ?

I dont think doing it by ear will work for me

Posted

I take it the Pioneer 80prs head unit will do all the adjustments needed.

Would it be best to mount the Imagine tweeters in the factory dash location on the a pillars ?

How much of the outer door needs to be deadened ?

A local shop suggested just a 1ft square piece behind the speaker

Posted

The 80-prs has good tuning abilities. IMO factory location would work but best to try different locations in the vehicle to see what sounds best to you. I laugh at 1sq ft of deadening behind the speaker in the door. If you buy high dollar speakers i suggest watching some videos on proper sound deadening. It really is the most important part IMO.

Posted

How would I go about getting a microphone and RTA ?

How about the test tones ?

Reasonable priced or possible app

the 80-prs come with a mice and does its own time alignment. The auto eq isnt very good IMO. Research this HU, go to Pioneers website. The have a ton of info videos on this HU. Its been out for 4-5 yrs now so it tried and tested pretty well. The 99 would be the the shit but who has $1200 to drop on a HU? lol

Posted

Going to get the Hybrid Imagines this week.

What would be a good SQ 10" sub for $125 ?

Some medical bills came up so money is limited to around $450

Will use existing amps and hu.

Should be able to purchase new hu in a month or two (the Pioneer 80prs)

Will be deadening doors before installing speakers

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1025 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...