jontaccona Posted August 24, 2016 Report Posted August 24, 2016 My sub is not hitting the 20hz range notes 30 and up to about 60 it's really really loud I have my sub sonic filter at 15hz and my lpf all the way down to 50hz is there a way to make the transition bass cleaner too as in like a Gucci mane song produce by zaytoven how the bass goes up down then even lower my sub hit extremely hard on "purple coming in" by future anyways I have a pioneer deh80prs I had to turn off the switch on the bottom for networking mode because my some of my door speakers were working with that on I used the dd1 to tune the gain and the bass booster is off on the amp ... Like when I put young Jeezy put on on it doesn't hit those notes the amp is a shark 3500 I also have a hifonics Brutus 2400.10 amp I can switch with ... I have a 240 amp alt in and 1/0 wire for the shark ... I also have a amp for my door speakers but that's not my problem except I blew a infinity kappa some how idk how anyways I'm getting a replacement any help is appreciated I can send you a good sketch up file of my box it's tuned to 33hz forsure I messed up on the first one and did the second one right
ShadeTreeMechanic Posted August 24, 2016 Report Posted August 24, 2016 Box is tuned to 33hz and 20hz isn't loud enough? The output from the port will drop off rapidly below port tuning and will cause the sub to unload. This is how people kill their sub and then bash the company it came from because of it. 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
Joe X Posted August 24, 2016 Report Posted August 24, 2016 You should be providing details on the box and vehicle + pics but I can tell you, subs like the SP4 likely would fit your application better.
jontaccona Posted August 24, 2016 Author Report Posted August 24, 2016 I'll take pictures and give demensions but off the top of my head this is what I believe they are port width is 5.8 inches port height it's 16.5 inches box depth is 20.5 inches box length is 47 inches box box height is 18 inches and port length is 31 inches give or take I have L slot so it's like 14.75"x13.25 I know that does not equal 31 but I removed half of the port width 5.81 from the second port to make the port have the same demensions all the way through idk if that makes sense
ShadeTreeMechanic Posted August 24, 2016 Report Posted August 24, 2016 Have to use photo bucket. 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
jontaccona Posted August 24, 2016 Author Report Posted August 24, 2016 http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s272/pronege/Mobile%20Uploads/392AFA75-6E98-406E-8717-A36D757084BA.jpg http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s272/pronege/Mobile%20Uploads/2FA7B42A-FBA0-4947-8D07-8AEC31B13EED.jpg http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s272/pronege/Mobile%20Uploads/DCE2C4A1-B953-40CC-A238-08F4E92129EC.jpg http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s272/pronege/Mobile%20Uploads/D83927F1-C423-4D76-A733-587784141CC0.jpg http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s272/pronege/Mobile%20Uploads/535F4722-B70D-48DD-B967-02A8294BF814.jpg http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s272/pronege/Mobile%20Uploads/74E135D5-4D8D-4C3F-9C75-EF853BFC12CE.jpg
Bayuk89 Posted August 24, 2016 Report Posted August 24, 2016 Johntaccoma i replied on ur 98 dakota post, ur gonna get the same answer here either way. And just like shade tree said, if ur tuned to 33hz you set ur SSF 1/2 octave below tuning so about 25-26 hz... Setting ur SSF to 15hz is s big no no lol you will run the chace of damaging ur sub pretty quick. Also just because you build a box to play down to 20hz doesnt mean the sub will... I mean it will but you may not get the output your wanting due to sub capabilities.
jontaccona Posted August 24, 2016 Author Report Posted August 24, 2016 So take it a couple clicks above 15? And thank you
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 24, 2016 Report Posted August 24, 2016 Having your LPF set to 50 hz is probably contributing to your subs transitioning poorly. It will also make your mids work harder than they need to, you may consider turning that up a bit. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.