Second Skin Audio

under seats getting low

PinkFreud65

Im sure you can make a thread about a design and someone will be able to help. Just make sure you get all the correct measurements

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

2ft^3 plus port gonna be tricky should look into raising the seat alittle or I know the SA's work in a sealed box would be able to do 3-4 subs then . I went this same route with my truck tried 2 tens ported and was not possible because to properly tune the port it just ate up all my room ,so I just added a 3rd sub in a sealed box and am very happy.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Ron, I'm considering that as an option too. I'm just concerned he won't get that "low and loud rap bass" that he has set in his mind from a sealed box. hell, I could probably get away with a 12 in a sealed box under his seats. I just want him to be pleased with the sound. that's why I was leaning towards 2 8s ported.

if you do the sealed route you are going to spend more money in drivers to keep up with the output of less drivers ported. Stick with 2 8s ported and save some money.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

My 10's get pretty low not disapointed at all but if u want real low got to go bigger sub and not under seat

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

That's the problem. he isn't willing to give up ANY space other than under the seats. I had to fight just to get that! I'm really thinking 2 sundown x8s in a ported box on a cab 1600.1 would blow him away, being that he thinks bigger speaker = louder and lower all the time, no matter what. Now to start a new thread and get a box build started.

My 10's get pretty low not disapointed at all but if u want real low got to go bigger sub and not under seat

I have no doubt, but you also used 3 subs where 2 ported 10s might have similar output. Make sense?

That's the problem. he isn't willing to give up ANY space other than under the seats. I had to fight just to get that! I'm really thinking 2 sundown x8s in a ported box on a cab 1600.1 would blow him away, being that he thinks bigger speaker = louder and lower all the time, no matter what. Now to start a new thread and get a box build started.

Well, bigger should mean louder, in a very general sense. And yes, 2 12s will be louder at lower frequencies than 2 8s, but the 12s should be louder at all frequencies. He shouldn't be disappointed in the 8s, just get a box designed for his needs.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

One thing to keep in mind with ported 8"s is they very often have rather peaky output compared to what a larger sub would have. For example two 8's vx one 12", similar size boxes, very different frequency response. This is especially true with X8s. Peaky output can make it harder to integrate the subs with the rest of the system and may make it so the sub only sound really good on certain songs and not others.

I don't know if it will be possible to make anything other than 8's work in your situation, maybe forward firing 10's. Its just something to consider. If you must use 8's, on a 1,600 watt amp I'd be temped to go with a pair of SA-8s over a pair of X-8s.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived