alright.....got it playing again. It's definitely louder, and it moves more shit. Just ordered a 220 amp Singer so I'll have that next month; and I may try to pick up a 3k for a little more power. Now I just have to cut down the trim panels a little to fit. 

Jt4JznK.jpg

ovsnsvB.jpg

vsGUxW3.jpg

also, went back and made a little platform for the fuse holder....I didn't have faith in the velcro and kept having thoughts of the fun it would be to pull the box back out if it let go and grounded out (or worse).

FnQrgV7.jpg

5iRcxN4.jpg

oLuT0be.jpg

KHcjIsT.jpg

GCMtDK9.jpg

Q6hgwvW.jpg

and I got slowed down yesterday morning by my finger that got in the way of the razor blade. I always tend to cut the bulb of my fingers whenever I do....

iHDzYnv.jpg

so now I gotta figure out how to open up the holes in the trim panels...the subs aren't flush mounted anymore so the holes in the top trim panel have to be cut bigger, as well as the ports. But making the box fit the same way was a success! So this should be real minor stuff.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

looking good man! I know what you mean with back pain. Im certain car audio is one of the main reasons why mine is now fucked lol

I also velcroed a lot of pieces in my trunk last summer, didnt have the piece of mind so im spending this summer re doing it all

On 5/22/2017 at 7:12 AM, bsneon98 said:

looking good man! I know what you mean with back pain. Im certain car audio is one of the main reasons why mine is now fucked lol

I also velcroed a lot of pieces in my trunk last summer, didnt have the piece of mind so im spending this summer re doing it all

thanks man! yeah the back definitely slows me down....

So I tackled the center panel today. Can't believe the way I did it worked....Had a few ideas on how to open those holes, but ended up going with routing a hole the size of the subs and using the flush trim bit. Was nervous about the carpet getting caught and ripping but it didn't happen...It did melt a little towards the edges but not bad.

hVCnDCQ.jpg

FxXMQtX.jpg

NnWNcs6.jpg

SIF4FI7.jpg

sAGSIeH.jpg

7bB5ijv.jpg

gotta clean it up with the vacuum at work tomorrow. Went ahead and ordered more magnets to replace the ones I lost cutting out the top. Now I just gotta open up the port holes.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Yeah it is! 

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

finished this up on thursday but went back to NY for the weekend and didn't post it....

APEllYC.jpg

MkTPKJn.jpg

c7NfY2N.jpg

VECgks8.jpg

oXYMk9o.jpg

Now to see how she does on the meter....still figuring out if I want to grab a 3k. would have to be underrated since its 1.3 ohms, and I would definitely have to sell the M2c to get it. ehh, ill think about it a little more. If a show pops up sooner than later and it does shit on the meter again, might be inclined to try harder.

not really audio related but, spent a few hours blocking down my other bumper and fog covers today. went from 320 to 600 grit...and hopefully the painter at work can seal, paint, and clear it this week. Also, I ordered something....won't say what it is yet cuz I have to verify its in the condition described; but it's HEAVY. Probably won't be using it in the build but may use it to generate some cash.

vxH5Yc4.jpg 

• 1 month later...

guess I could update this.....

I had some medical stuff going on the past month or so. Everything's fine, probably just anxiety mixed with bullshit.

anyway, I sold the M2c and 2 out of 3 SA-8s. Ended up keeping the last one and building a birch box for it. Always wanted to work with birch but didn't want to foot the cash if I screwed it up. It's the fake kind from Home Depot but I figured my back would thank me. Came out decent....first time staining too. the stain worked well except just to the right of the sub opening on the front face. I think I missed wiping some of the wood glue off and the stain exposed it. I'm slowly learning that I enjoy building the box possibly more than hearing it play....I feel bored when I call it "done". 

3JjFt9G.jpg

l9YSTzn.jpg

er5HyAw.jpg

nt4AfKQ.jpg

Since I sold the amp, I threw in one of my old Eclipse 4 channels bridged at 4 ohm just to hear it. Gets surprising decent on only 150 watts. Overall I like the little box, but I caught a deal on a used M3b I couldn't pass up. Interestingly enough, the dude I bought the amp from had a pair of blown X-8s he was trying to get rid of....So I bought those too lol.

We'll see what I'm gonna do with them...Thinking of picking up another one, or finding out from Jacob if I can order beefed up recones for the 2; see what there made of on double the power rating.

47 minutes ago, BP1Fanatic said:

Nice box!

thanks man!

Archived