Is this solid mid and tweeter placement info?

zanekeimigdesigns

I personally wouldn't trust a person/site that is giving such general hard and fast rules. Most things vary depending on so many factors that making such rigid rules and using words such as "never" and "always" is not something you should do. However, the placement does matter. The higher frequencies are very directional while lower frequencies are more omni-directional. That being said, you want the mids/highs to be facing the listening position as much as possible especially if your speakers have poor off axis response. Also, because your speakers will naturally be at different distances from your ear, it is usually a good idea to incorporate delays into the closer speakers in order for the sound to hit your ears at the same time as the further speakers. Now, i'm no expert and i'm sure others will chime in to give a more accurate and detailed response. Take things that people say with a grain of salt if you're willing to do your own research otherwise you have to have faith in the people that are giving advice and figure out how to weed out the people who are leading you astray.

Another thing to remember with tweeters is aiming. My tweeters work better on axis, meaning pointed at you the listener. Some tweeters like to be off axis, meaning pointed towards one another/at windshield/away from listeners etc. Depending on the degree of axis. But like stated above playing with different locations will be your best bet.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Archived