Under $1,200 Sound Quality HU

There is Nothing with the features of the p99rs in a double din size.

the top end Kenwood's have some nice sound shaping tools though.

If you want to run a three way active front stage without a processor the p99rs is basically your only choice.

You could use any head unit you want and just get a good processor.

Thats what i figured, sucks. But if i went the processor route id probably end up getting a bit-one, in addition to maybe a cheaper HU like p80rs, id still end up spending around $1,400.00. But then id also have to buy a laptop and study the programming of the bitone, i dont have a laptop. So.....seems 99 is the better route? Maybe get the 99 and WAY down the road i could get a soundman ipad system and remount the 99 deeper with the ipad in front of the HU? Idk, tryna figure this sht out on the fly.

To be honest man sounds like your building a "dream system" and not pulling the trigger on any of the thread/help you wanted. It would be more clear on what your trying to accomplish overall. Are you trying to go a full SQ car, or SPL for competition, or just a daily ground pounder. Please dont waste anyone times if your not gonna listen. These people are on here for a reason and trying to give the best advise they can and have experienced with many products. Also blowing that much money on a HU is a lot. Get the Pioneer 80PRS and use the unspent money else where.

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

To be honest man sounds like your building a "dream system" and not pulling the trigger on any of the thread/help you wanted. It would be more clear on what your trying to accomplish overall. Are you trying to go a full SQ car, or SPL for competition, or just a daily ground pounder. Please dont waste anyone times if your not gonna listen. These people are on here for a reason and trying to give the best advise they can and have experienced with many products. Also blowing that much money on a HU is a lot. Get the Pioneer 80PRS and use the unspent money else where.

Im not gonna pull it till im sure, this shts expensive. I just pulled the trigger couple days ago and ordered a pretty big load of second skin. That should be here by the middle of this coming week. After i deaden my WHOLE vehicle, floor, doors, trunk, rear deck, roof, ill be making (trying lol) to make custom door speaker adapters for the two front doors and pods for a tweet and 4in on the apillar. The musics sound quality in the vehicle IMO starts from the headunit, assuming your using highquality cds or files, not the low bitrate stuff. Then from there you want to keep the signal as pure as the original signal, throughout ur whole system. From HU to Drivers, the better the signal is from the begining, the better it can stay to the end. Thats my approach to this. And yes this probably is a dream system. Not a weekend install at all lol. i wont even be able to buy everything at once. But im still going for it. I dont want to spend money on something, then wish i had gotten the next step up of equipment. Im not trying to waste anyones time, but alot of times people seem to miss my point and get side tracked and off topic and want to argue with me for some reason. I appreciate all helpful input, and i check everything out, just cuz one person makes a suggestion, doesnt mean i must go with that. In the end i will evaluate all my options and choose the best in my eyes.

Oh and im not even sure what im going for "sq-sql". i dont even know what sql is yet lol, im assuming its in the middle of sq and spl. If thats what it is than sql is what i want. I want the best of both worlds. But i forsure do NOT want a system that is overpowered with bass. U know those cars u can hear booming from faraway and when they get close u still only hear booming, no actual music or lyrics. I want the mids and highs frequencies heard equally with the bass, as much as possible anyway. Not sure if u know what i mean, thats a good as i can explain it. This is my first build/system. Go big or go home lol

Here's the problem, you keep asking questions to things you know nothing about, knowledge comes with practice and experimentation.

The point me and others having been trying to make is to start simple and small and grow from there, cause jumping in with both feet head long into a full blown multi speaker active setup is time consuming and requires some knowledge in how to make it all work together, if you do not believe me or others, just ask those that have done it for years and decades how much longer the learning curve can be to jump into something you are not prepared for.

Start small and simple to learn what everything sounds like before going active so your ears have time to learn what to listen for and how things should sound and blend together.

We are not trying to be assholes to you, you just keep asking all the wrong questions.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Here's the problem, you keep asking questions to things you know nothing about, knowledge comes with practice and experimentation.

The point me and others having been trying to make is to start simple and small and grow from there, cause jumping in with both feet head long into a full blown multi speaker active setup is time consuming and requires some knowledge in how to make it all work together, if you do not believe me or others, just ask those that have done it for years and decades how much longer the learning curve can be to jump into something you are not prepared for.

Start small and simple to learn what everything sounds like before going active so your ears have time to learn what to listen for and how things should sound and blend together.

We are not trying to be assholes to you, you just keep asking all the wrong questions.

That is a problem, im not looking to start with low/medium equipment. Im going to hopefully start with highgrade equipment, and improve the way i use it over time. Why are my questions so hard to answer? I just need peoples recommendations. If u dont want to give a recommendation, thats fine. If you do, thank you, ill check it out. But please dont get all mad because i didnt go with ur recommendation.

if that is your plan i wish you luck, im no expert on SQ. I'll just say please keep off the volume knob for about 6 months while you learn your system. Would be a shame to blow up a pair of $1500 components because you want your SQ system to be loud

Archived