Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Help choosing an 18" woofer.


Tahoe Dmo

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello, my fellow SMD friends! I'd like to start off by saying that this is my very first post on the site. I love this site, I have been reading for several years, but am just now joining. Thanks for allowing me in! Having said that, I am looking to purchase a new subwoofer (eventually multiples). I currently have 2 15s, but I am wanting to do 18s. I have a 2002 Tahoe LT with the third row removed. So I have plenty of space. I have a Rockford Fosgate T25001bdcp as my amp. My alternator is a 270 amp Mechman and a D3400 XS Power battery under the hood. Plenty of 1/0 wire and the big 3. I have been doing this a very long time so I know a whole lot. I was just looking for some opinions on a woofer. I have been looking at the FI SP4 18". My goals are one hell of a daily ground pounder. Something that'll rattle your teeth loose. I like SPL. The more SPL the better. I also love the lows. So, sound off with your opinions. Thanks!

Posted

If you happen to like the FI SP4, then you might as well go with it.

Everyone has their own favorite they like to recommend for various reasons, but if you like something and have a gut feeling it is the one you want, then go with it and be happy with your choice.

Might as well get a second, just because.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

Haha might as well get a second.. I like it. I was kind of thinking the same thing. But no, not stuck on the FI SP4. It was just something that is a reasonable price and looked decent. Like I said, I'm open to suggestions. Anything that will pound.

Posted

Yup. get the SP4.
and down the road add a second T2500

Posted

You mean get another T2500 after I have the 2 18s?

NO!!! 2 T2500's per sub

Posted

You mean get another T2500 after I have the 2 18s?

NO!!! 2 T2500's per sub

You don't think that'd be too much?

Posted

I haven't done it, but ot's been done. After rise wired at 1ohm per VC you'd be fine with proper tuning and clean tracks.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6189 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...