Jump to content

what to get based on my needs.


Recommended Posts

Posted

The Wife said "do what you want with your car" so the biggest hurdle has been overcome! I have a 06 Mazda 3 SEDAN not hatch. I need a hu that will meet my needs and not drain the bank. I don't loan on using rear stage speakers, just front (doors and tweeters) and running a single 12 (probably sundown x on a CAB 1600.1) sealing off my trunk. so, having said that, what do I really need as far as a hu goes? Any links, tips, tricks, advice, etc would be great! :)

Posted

What's your budget?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

hmmm. under $200? And single din...I don't see a double din as "necessary" but it might be nice I've never had a double din. obviously the cheaper the better lol but I'd be willing to drop $200. Bluetooth isn't a need, at least aux and USB would be good.

Posted

hmmm. under $200? And single din...I don't see a double din as "necessary" but it might be nice I've never had a double din. obviously the cheaper the better lol but I'd be willing to drop $200. Bluetooth isn't a need, at least aux and USB would be good.

thst bluetooth comes in handy, i wasnt sold on it, just wanted the aux, but man... i love having the BT now

Posted

Bmwking, that looks like a good hu and a decent price. I'm looking at running JBL 660c speakers. Would they be able to run off that hu? or would I have to wait until I got an amp for my mids and highs?

Posted

Bmwking, that looks like a good hu and a decent price. I'm looking at running JBL 660c speakers. Would they be able to run off that hu? or would I have to wait until I got an amp for my mids and highs?

It should be on par with most other head units as far as built in power goes. if you're leery of under powering them when combined with a sundown X, i'd suggest putting a small 2 channel amp on them, for the price you cant beat this little guy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CT-Sounds-125-2-amp-amplifier-125w-RMS-250w-MAX-Class-A-B-2-Channel-2-Ohm-/121972989443

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1141 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...