Multiple Amp questions

Tax

So I recently installed 4 Coaxs and a Sundown 50.4 tuned it properly. For me it's not loud enough my Sundown X15 drowns it out.

So what I'm looking to do is 2 Crescendo Pwx 6.5 in each door, and 2 Crescendo FT1 Super Tweeter in each A Pilar. Using my SA50.4 on the Tweeters. The SAX 125.4 on the 6.5. How would I wire up the RCAs to the Two amps.

You dont wanna do the UN series instead? Theyre a lil slimmer than the pwx, incase depth is an issue with ur doors. Also the UN series power handling is rated higher.

50w rms to some mids seems pretty weak compared to a 15 bumpin in the back. Maybe first try adding another 50.4 bridged. Each amp running only two speakers, giving u 150rms @4ohm(ur speakers gotta be 8ohm to wire down two speakers to 4ohm). If ur coax is rated lower than 150 just set ur gains at whatever the speaker recommends. Better to have extra available power anyway.

You dont wanna do the UN series instead? Theyre a lil slimmer than the pwx, incase depth is an issue with ur doors. Also the UN series power handling is rated higher.

50w rms to some mids seems pretty weak compared to a 15 bumpin in the back. Maybe first try adding another 50.4 bridged. Each amp running only two speakers, giving u 150rms @4ohm(ur speakers gotta be 8ohm to wire down two speakers to 4ohm). If ur coax is rated lower than 150 just set ur gains at whatever the speaker recommends. Better to have extra available power anyway.

That definitely looks like they'll fit so wouldn't have any issues there. What is the difference between a midrange and a loudspeaker?

That definitely looks like they'll fit so wouldn't have any issues there. What is the difference between a midrange and a loudspeaker?

Whatever the manufacturer decides it is.

Because specs seem to be a rare occurrence in the car audio world I can't say since I haven't used either. The UN series is quite sensitive but has a fairly high fs if you aren't going to be running a mid-woofer. The PWX lists "usable output" (whatever that means) down to 83hz, so they should be a fair choice. If they do indeed play lower than the UN, they won't be as sensitive.

Go active crossover if you can, you essentially get "free" power. If the amp is 2 ohm stable you can do 2 drivers per channel. The extra sensitivity of PA style speakers is what really helps though. If it still wasn't enough you could then try an extra amp, but power gains are diminishing returns.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Not too sure. I think a midrange is ur average normal speaker that handles the midrange frequencies. Then the midrange loud speaker is one that plays those frequencies really loudly. Reaching high decibles. The sensitivity on those loudspeakers are propably in the high 90's-low 100's. The sensitivity is the spec that shows something like this "91db @1watt/1meter or 1m/1w" sometimes it'll even say 91db @2.83v/1m which just means to convert it to 1w/1m u have to drop the db by 3db's. So 91db @2.83v/1m is equal to 88db @1w/1m. Lol things get pretty complicated in this audio stuff.

Because specs seem to be a rare occurrence in the car audio world I can't say since I haven't used either. The UN series is quite sensitive but has a fairly high fs if you aren't going to be running a mid-woofer. The PWX lists "usable output" (whatever that means) down to 83hz, so they should be a fair choice. If they do indeed play lower than the UN, they won't be as sensitive.

Go active crossover if you can, you essentially get "free" power. If the amp is 2 ohm stable you can do 2 drivers per channel. The extra sensitivity of PA style speakers is what really helps though. If it still wasn't enough you could then try an extra amp, but power gains are diminishing returns.

Same here i havent used them but did alot of internet reserching becuase a couple months ago i was going to buy UNs. Everyone says the pwx does hit lower, and the UN still hits strong but with alot more upper midrange and clarity. If u have subs, id say get the UNs becuase the lowend is covered by the subs already and the UN should give u more then enough midbass to not feel like ur missing somethng.

Same here i havent used them but did alot of internet reserching becuase a couple months ago i was going to buy UNs. Everyone says the pwx does hit lower, and the UN still hits strong but with alot more upper midrange and clarity. If u have subs, id say get the UNs becuase the lowend is covered by the subs already and the UN should give u more then enough midbass to not feel like ur missing somethng.

With an fs of 122hz the UN will won't be outputting much below that (which is reffered to with the "usable frequency range"), and it's too high a frequency to cross subs in at. So there will potentially be a hole in the 80-120hz region. They seem to be aimed people who are going to also put a 10" woofer or something in to handle mid-bass. They likely don't have as much xmax as the PWX either. The PWX is half the price too.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

I would like to add my opinion to your question. They use the term usable response, lets take a look at that. well lets ask this question, do you think that the mid bass from a speaker that claims it can play 80hz can keep up with your 15" subwoofer? No would be the answer. at moderate to low volume output levels I would say you could get the system to blend together well, at higher outputs the mids would fail to produce the bass loud enough and would definately kill your output by breaking up and distorting. I would use the higher power handling pro mids that dont play well below 125 and cross them over at 150 with a 24db per octave slope. I would also buy two 8ohm mid drivers and one 4 ohm tweeter and run the set in paralell. run the mids full range minus the hi pass filter and just use the corssovers the tweeters come with. you can then bridge your amp at 4 ohm mono without loading down the amp too hard.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

If I can claim to be good at one thing! its hifi output, I will make those pro drivers sound listenable, I would also use this small piece of advice... there are very few pro tweeters that I can actually stomach....for the most part they sound gross, even if they have a flat response.... choose this portion of your design very wisely, your tweeter is responsible for reproducing 15k different frequencies.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Archived