LoudPackRacing Posted September 17, 2016 Report Posted September 17, 2016 I have a 2003 civic coupe that I just ordered a mechman 240 amp alt for and a sundown X-12. I have a precision power p900.4 and I'm trying to decide which components will fit my needs. I plan on running 2 sets in the front of the car and building some kick panels. I'm stuck between H.A.T imagines, Hertz HsK, image dynamics cxs, and Morel Tempo. I only listen to rap so I was wondering which would sound better and be heard clear over the bass?
Skullz Posted September 17, 2016 Report Posted September 17, 2016 Only you can answer that question alone, preference is personal and to listen to me or anyone else does nothing to help you. You need to listen to those brands to make an informed decision as to which ones sound best for your situation. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
LoudPackRacing Posted September 17, 2016 Author Report Posted September 17, 2016 Only you can answer that question alone, preference is personal and to listen to me or anyone else does nothing to help you. You need to listen to those brands to make an informed decision as to which ones sound best for your situation. That's the only problem due to where I live the shops around here don't demo any of the brands I listed. I was just trying to get opinions such as which have decent midbass or loud crisp tweeters, you know stuff like that?
Skullz Posted September 17, 2016 Report Posted September 17, 2016 Speakers in the same price point pretty much have the same performance as the other brands, but there are a few speakers out there that perform above the price point they sell at, as long as your looking at quality pieces it really doesn't matter on your choice, as the real difference will come from the install. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
LoudPackRacing Posted September 17, 2016 Author Report Posted September 17, 2016 Speakers in the same price point pretty much have the same performance as the other brands, but there are a few speakers out there that perform above the price point they sell at, as long as your looking at quality pieces it really doesn't matter on your choice, as the real difference will come from the install.Alright cool, thanks a lot very much appreciated!!!
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted September 17, 2016 Report Posted September 17, 2016 Any decent set of comps will be heard just fine over that one x12, As for what to go with, I also agree that it's important to hear them first, What I like you might hate. If you can't find those brands local I suggest going with another good brand that you can find local or at least can listen to locally. Where are you located at? That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
MADVIBES Posted September 17, 2016 Report Posted September 17, 2016 if you primary goal is clear rap music I will give you my two cents, I have used these very often in auto and boat applications and they can keep up with high output bass systems. http://www.cadencesound.com/xm6k/ I have used these often and they are in my car doors along with 8" mids. you can find them for under 80 shipped online. worth a shot. For being a pro audio style driver the tweeter is a soft dome and the mid has a poly skin over the paper, they dont sound honky like a typical pro set up. shallow mount mid too. under 2" depth DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY. 156.9@26hz 158.0@30hz
LoudPackRacing Posted September 17, 2016 Author Report Posted September 17, 2016 Any decent set of comps will be heard just fine over that one x12, As for what to go with, I also agree that it's important to hear them first, What I like you might hate. If you can't find those brands local I suggest going with another good brand that you can find local or at least can listen to locally. Where are you located at? I'm located down in New Orleans,LA
LoudPackRacing Posted September 17, 2016 Author Report Posted September 17, 2016 Any decent set of comps will be heard just fine over that one x12, As for what to go with, I also agree that it's important to hear them first, What I like you might hate. If you can't find those brands local I suggest going with another good brand that you can find local or at least can listen to locally. Where are you located at? I'm located down in New Orleans,LA
LoudPackRacing Posted September 17, 2016 Author Report Posted September 17, 2016 The only ones I've heard were some focals and I didn't like there tweeters.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.