Need some help

Right so over the weekend i managed to blow my sub forgot to switch on the subsonic filter on my Rockford amp sub bottomed out so bad it ripped the inner cone right off :fool: .

instead of getting a recone as i have been thinking of upgrading to a Zv5 15 and a SCV-3000D.

My current setup is a RF T2D415 and a T1000-1BDcp for sub and my mids and high are T152-S powered off a T400-4.

My car is a Citroen Saxo VYR 1.6 and the stock alt is only like 80 amps i am from the UK so there is only a few places to get alts from all i wanted to know is what do i need to do to my electrical to get it up to scratch before i go and spend my money on the upgrade?

Many thanks sTp.

Do your "BIG 3" wire upgrade first. Then go to one of your few places that sell High-Output alternators or try to order it online if its cheaper. Get the biggest one that's made for your car. Make sure you fuse things correctly.

Im a noob though, so double check my suggestions with others before you go out a purchase stuff. Goodluck man.

Right just got the news from the guy who is going to be fitting the biggest alternator the car will be able to run a 210 alt with a external voltage regulator.

Just a few more question need to be answered first i will now be running the 2 Zv5 15'' maybe 18'' if i have the room not to sure ATM and a SCV-6000D will the alternator be OK as this is the biggest i can get to fit in my car as its only a 1.6 don't want to buy something that won't work my stock alternator is only like 80 amps.

next question is how many battery's would you guys recommend if the above will work also this will be my first big build so looking to do it properly.

Will also be doing the big 4 with probably Sky high audio cable.

Gotta ask the pros, Thats getting too technical for me now, lol. If u can figure out how much current ur WHOLE electrical system draws (lights, deck, amp, ac, windows, ect),then u could probably figure it out. See if ur current supply (amp+batt) is sufficent for the amount ur system demands. If youre drawing more out than you can supply, your going to need more power.

Or you could just set up the alt and sound system and see if ur lights dim and stuff like that. Then youd know u need a lil more upgrades.

Im gathering equipment for my first build also, you gonna be postin ur build here?

I ran a Stetsom 10k with a 90A stock alt, decent SLA battery in the front and 2 massive AGM batteries in the back. Voltage never went below about mid 12s or so the one time I hooked up a meter and hammered on it.
If you're going to get a 6k, get a couple good batteries. Should be just fine unless you want to drive around playing test tones at full volume.
Start with a couple of good batteries and go from there. No point in having a massive alt and your car's stock battery.

Light dimming isn't a good indicator, you could be dropping from 13.8 to 13.5 and still see dimming even though your voltage is more than adequate. Use a voltmeter if it bothers you that much, but there is no need to be sitting steady at 13.8, 14.4 or whatever unless you have an SPL car and every 0.1db matters.
Inside the amplifier the voltage of its internal supply will be sagging anyway, this is why amps power ratings typically don't quite double every time you half the load.

The thread that the quote in my sig is from might be an interesting read.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

06RTcharger I will be starting a build log just started stripping the car out today getting ready to put some sound deadening in.

OK bassl0va so you think its not worth getting the alternator just run some big batteries? if so what do you recommend I've been looking at either odyssey batteries or XS power just not sure what to get as this is my first build with secondary batteries.

You will definitely want a bigger alt too.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived