Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

looking for a 12v power supply.... details inside


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'd like to have a poor-man's test bench set up at home... basically because I have quite a few amps I haven't powered on in years and I'd like to have a way to do it in my home..

so far I've found quite few, but looking to see who has tried any and can recommend any for home use under $200 ...

this site so far I have looked at a few units which seem promising but I'm not 100% on any of them

http://www.powerstream.com/12-volt.htm

This one in particular I was eyeing on their site: http://www.powerstream.com/ac-05-12.htm 13v-50a.png

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

- Shogen

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Posted

Check out parts express

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

Posted

If poor man is your goal, get a car charger/jumpbox like the one in this pic. Then you can have a test bench with different amperage options, and a battery tender.

1677826_2000x2000.jpg

Posted

Is $25 for 500 watts in your price range? You could run 2 in parallel for 1000 watts at $50. I've used one of these for years with my r/c hobby, and I've ran amps off it, no problems.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Proliant-DL380-575W-Power-Supply-DPS-600PB-321632-001-367238-001-406393-001-/281982976777?hash=item41a77ec309

And here is a thread showing how to use a former server power supply for hobby use-

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27554

Posted

I use a stanley battery maintainer and an old car battery. Works great for short runs of 10 to 15 min for testing purposes. I have a volt meter hooked up so when i see voltage drop below 11v i let it recharge.

Posted

awesome options ... didn't think about the the battery charger idea... going to look into these now... Thanks!

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 920 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...