Driver's seat height adjustment doesn't work... Kinda...

'05 Tahoe LT

So.. I never noticed it until I went to pull my driver's seat out today to replace the heating pads. I tried to raise the seat so I can get to all the plugs underneath, but the height adjustment doesn't quite work. The motor turns on on and makes a very small 1/8" adjustment in either direction, but then stops. I'm a bit confused at this one.

Is there some relearn procedure or a starting point of where to look to get this thing working? I don't even know where to begin since the motor itself still works

Any fears with worn teeth?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

It doesn't sound like it's stripping, the motor just turns off/stops moving like it's hit a stop

When I go up, the relay clicks off. When I go down, the motor stalls out but keeps trying

What do you mean?

I just got the seat out and took a loot af the height motor. It's retracted all the way in to its lowest point. It has room to go up, but shuts off when it tries. No room to go down, but keeps trying

Screw is wound all the way in setting the seat to the lowest point

what happened to my friends was similiar but front to back. the left side was about 1/4" off and tweaked the seat and the motor noticed the tension and stopped as to not damage itself. it was weird as all he did was move the seat all the way forward to clean under it. had to manually remove the one side and then align it properly. also make sure something is not lodged in there.

Archived