Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

To add dash speakers, or not to add dash speakers...


Recommended Posts

Posted

CT sounds has the ct125.2 on close out for $99. Free shipping too. Awsome a/b amps. I bought 4 of them.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Posted

CT sounds also has their comp component set on sale for $120. I just ordered mine.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Posted

Shit, sounds like I gotta hurry over to CTsound! Thanks boom50cal, did you use a special kit or just make custom brackets to mount your tweets in the dash? I'm gunna go that route for sure.

hmmm i'm trying to remember. I think I just took the factory cover off, pulled the factory tweeter assembly out. Then took the factory tweeter out, dremeled the factory tweeter mount big enough to fit the jbl tweeter. Was a stealthy install.

i thought I had pictures of it on my photobucket but I guess not. The doors suck ass though. You'll probably have to rig up a 1/8-1/4" abs spacer ring or the mid will hit the window.

Btw, these cars, well the sedan, could get pretty loud without a lot of power or cone area. My s40 did a 146.6 on 900w clamped with a single 15, half ass forward firing sealed off. That was a tantric HD 15 in 4 cubes net, two 6 inch pvc ports. tuned in the low 30s. on a sundown SAZ-2000d. A single 15 with a dick load of port area, sub up port back, could do a 150 pretty easily I bet in a wagon.

XS Power D4800 is the battery you'll need. group 48 if you go some other way. the xs 586 adaptor posts if you wanna use stock charging system cables. Factory engine block ground is a bitch to get to. You'll have to take the intake off all the way to the turbo. It sucks to get to. Mike Singer made me an alt for mine. Idk if he still will. it was a 220amp unit that did somewhere around 240a max. idled around 170. If Mike wont do another, Dan with US Alternators is the next best bet. Mechman nor DC Power would even touch it.

man you got me really missing that little car lol.

IMG_20140302_182909_zpswd38o9ad.jpg

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

better rethink budget if you are going to be running 2000 watts. Stock alternator is only rated at 120 amps. will probably run into voltage issues.

Posted

better rethink budget if you are going to be running 2000 watts. Stock alternator is only rated at 120 amps. will probably run into voltage issues.

false. I ran a sundown saz2000d at .5 ohm on a stock alt with no big 3, and two batteries in that exact electrical setup. rarely saw less than 12.4v. if the signal is clean, and he's cruising, he'll be fine. if he ever goes with more, and I know he will since it's a wagon, he'll need a new alt.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 996 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...