SoberBrent Posted October 7, 2016 Report Posted October 7, 2016 Bought a 99 Miata as a daily driver as the truck I have uses way too much gas. I got the bright idea to try and shoehorn the system I had in my truck into a very tiny 2 seat convertible. Most of the stuff I did not pay a dime for. KenWood no CD deck. el cheapo volt meter from fleabay. Sony coaxial door speakers unsure of model. SoundQubed HDS310 d2. (store bought box. Works until I can build one. Plus it was free) Sony XM- 404EQX For the coaxials.(free) Pinoeer GM-d9601 monoblock amp for the 10.(free) two Optima RedTop batteries(free) I know this is not what they are made for but for free I couldn't pass up. If I could find an alternator upgrade I would buy one instantly. There is 4 gauge also running from the stock alternator. 4gauge wire. Soon to be replaced with 1/0. Also couldn't resist picking up a SoundQubed HDC3.110 since they went on sale not sure when it will be here. I put all this together in half a day... Tweaking everything then ill clean things up a bit.
SoberBrent Posted November 22, 2016 Author Report Posted November 22, 2016 Added an EQ along with a new HDC3.110 Loving the new sub. also a pair of 6x9s in stand alone boxes for rear speakers.
kryptonite Posted November 22, 2016 Report Posted November 22, 2016 Very cool! DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGERCurrently Own 4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option 2 - DC 5k lvl 4 motor lvl 2 motor On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said: this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.
yurvalentine Posted November 22, 2016 Report Posted November 22, 2016 Never thought I'd be jealous of how much space a miata has :/
SoberBrent Posted November 22, 2016 Author Report Posted November 22, 2016 As long as you don't mind the convertible not coming down anymore there's quite a bit of room where the top folds. If I could find a hard top in my area I would be buying one.
SoberBrent Posted January 13, 2018 Author Report Posted January 13, 2018 Doors were upgraded to Focal Iss 8 components and deadened. 4 channel was bridged to the doors. new volt meter and new panel to hide the EQ I got the bright idea to stuff an ultimax 18 behind the seats. Sealed with roughly 5 cubes Started with 3/8th plywood to get a template box before cutting 3/4 3/4 started Sealed with 3 layers of fiberglass terminals mounting with 1/4 stainless sock cap bolts with t nuts. finished in the car Don't have any more plans as of yet but I'm still thinking.
SoberBrent Posted January 13, 2018 Author Report Posted January 13, 2018 6 minutes ago, bmwking said: well that escalated quickly! Ive had the idea since late may but the ultimax has been out of stock till December. Everyone I told said the same thing. It wont fit.
ChevyBoy95 Posted January 13, 2018 Report Posted January 13, 2018 Damn dude, actually looks pretty good right there and doesnt look out of place through the rear window either. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
SoberBrent Posted January 13, 2018 Author Report Posted January 13, 2018 I plan to plastidip the back window black since its useless now. I also added a back up cam for safety.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.